Brand New Half Door Shells - $266

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s odd … the only determining factor is the sheet metal … should be door hinge, sheet metal then the floating plate with the threads on the back …

I might go polished stainless … don’t kill me … I had a few kentrol stainless goodies when I got the Jeep, I dig it. And need different bolts anyways.

Its been a while but I think the floating plate is farther from the outer surface of the door than stock.

Ok, so $532 in just shells, $100 minimum in paint. Then you still have to track down hinges and all the handles, latches, rods,clips, lock cylinders, weatherstrip...am I crazy or is the only way this makes sense to have found some complete doors with damaged shells for cheap?

Ok, so $532 in just shells, $100 minimum in paint. Then you still have to track down hinges and all the handles, latches, rods,clips, lock cylinders, weatherstrip...am I crazy or is the only way this makes sense to have found some complete doors with damaged shells for cheap?

Yep. The drivers door in the set I bought was damaged. I liked the new ones so I bought the passenger also. Just need to get to work on them.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Yep. The drivers door in the set I bought was damaged. I liked the new ones so I bought the passenger also. Just need to get to work on them.

Same, my drivers door isn’t perfect so for $172 it’s worth trying a replacement.

I may still have that one fixed too and use it in another set of half doors I need to refurbish.

Same, my drivers door isn’t perfect so for $172 it’s worth trying a replacement.

I may still have that one fixed too and use it in another set of half doors I need to refurbish.

Same here. I have a well-used set. Ready to transfer over to these shells once I get around to paint.

Reactions: Apparition

don't forget the most expensive part, the interior panel, those things are basically impossible to find, I've seen them in the hundreds alone. I'm with you, find a set that has all the bullshit included then do what you've gotta do to make them work on your rig.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
don't forget the most expensive part, the interior panel, those things are basically impossible to find, I've seen them in the hundreds alone. I'm with you, find a set that has all the bullshit included then do what you've gotta do to make them work on your rig.

oh for sure, the inner panels.

I bought some that were a little banged up and restored them. They're still not perfect, and I have some time in them. Probably could have bought new shells and swapped them over.

Mines back in the box too
I did manage to find a NOS door latch for it before I reboxed it

Status
Not open for further replies.