Bronco vs. Wrangler

Broncos will be competing with the generations of JK JL JT models not our Spartan TJs (the real Wranglers).

The competition starts with the new JL / JT gens. so the benefit of new breed of innovations will never benefit us TJ owners.

Unless we like the JK JL JT models with their angry grilles, then it's a different story.

Broncos will be competing with the generations of JK JL JT models not our Spartan TJs (the real Wranglers).

The competition starts with the new JL / JT gens. so the benefit of new breed of innovations will never benefit us TJ owners.

Unless we like the JK JL JT models with their angry grilles, then it's a different story.

I think the bronco will attract Grand Cherokee customers too.

This Bronco spec. is attractive:
2.3L engine with 270-hp/310-lb-ft turbo DOHC 16-valve I-4
2.7L engine with 310-hp/400-lb-ft twin-turbo V-6

I think Jeep JX can upgrade to a 5.0L engine but with anemic 125-hp

Reactions: Rick Flair

I agree. I think people hating on the new Bronco are comparing apples to oranges. If you want a vehicle capable of extreme off roading, I don't know of a better platform than a TJ. I find it kind of refreshing that my jeep is a simple vehicle to work on, but it's 15 years old and replacement parts are getting harder to find.

If I were to replace my LJ with a JK, JL, or Bronco, I probably won't be able to do any maintenance or repairs other than oil changes.

My needs are more overlanding than rock crawling or mud bogging. I love putting the top down and running down non-maintained forestry roads with shallow stream crossings and hill climbs, looking for a nice scenic overlook.

I've run the beach at the Outer Banks numerous times with my truck. I would love to do the same in something topless, but I would never consider making the 11 hour drive in my LJ. If I had a JK, JL, or Bronco, I might consider making the trip.

First of all there's no such thing as Jeep JX, I made that up after I read the Stellantis merger.

"Jeep claims that the Rubicon 392 concept can get from zero to 60 mph in less than five seconds, and it has a dual-mode exhaust system for some obnoxious V-8 rumbles".

IMO this is exactly what you try to avoid for a 37" wheel lifted Jeep Rubicon and acting like those Texas style lifted Ford pickup trucks.:)

Last edited:
First of all there's no such thing as Jeep JX, I made that up after I read the Stellantis merger.

"Jeep claims that the Rubicon 392 concept can get from zero to 60 mph in less than five seconds, and it has a dual-mode exhaust system for some obnoxious V-8 rumbles".

IMO this is exactly what you try to avoid for a 37" wheel lifted Jeep Rubicon and acting like those Texas style lifted Ford pickup trucks.:)
Or this is exactly what a “37” wheel lifted Jeep” needs 😏

IMO this is exactly what you avoid for a 37" wheel lifted Jeep Rubicon and acting like those Texas style lifted Ford pickup trucks.:)
The fact that the concept will never become reality is important here

At least the JL / JT must beat these specs in order to be relevant:
2.3L engine with 270-hp/310-lb-ft turbo DOHC 16-valve I-4
2.7L engine with 310-hp/400-lb-ft twin-turbo V-6

I didn't read the whole post, so pardon me if I represent previous post or posts.

I really like the bigger Bronco looks, and the 35" factory tire (sasquatch) option. It looks awesome. It really does. But with IFS, it's not a serious contender in my old school realm. I'm seeing the same pattern that Toyota did with the FJCruiser.

And, too many electronics.

If Bronco brand, did solid axles front and rear, and at least a manual transfer case lever. Hell, I might even buy one.

But looks aside. With hi tech everything, dials and buttons, and IFS, it's no Jeep killer. And turbo charged smaller engines. And the stick only available in the 4 cylinder. Nope.

Seriously. Ford did a good job, way better than Toyota did with the FJCruiser. But not by a great margin. They cut some corners. Toyota did with the FJ Cruiser, and now that's gone. Probably so they could appease the smooth ride buyers and keep the maintenance costs high for electronics repairs.

I will compliment Ford on the Big Bronco. But w/o a solid front axle, I'm out.

Conversely Jeep should or will, be forced to take serious notice, because the bigger Bronco is gonna hurt Jeep big time. To the inexperienced offroad folks who know nothing about articulation and drivetrains.

The new Bronco is exciting but is it worth talking about. If you can order one it will be well over a year before you could get it. That is a lot worse than the wait has been for my my new Corvette C8.

Reactions: DrDmoney
[
1595778511415.png
ATTACH=full]179507[/ATTACH]

Reactions: billiebob