Bronco vs. Wrangler

Ford is not going to create a Market for those that puts a major dent in Jeep sales. If it does very well, it will on it's on merit. And although I've had 8 jeeps , I'm not a Jeep fanatic across the board..just love TJ's and Cjs before them.

I'm very realistic about where they have been and are now. They have become a unique culture, lifestyle , status symbol and phenomenally well accepted vehicle...and have always survived despite obvious weaknesses.

The Bronco is cool, but it isn't cool to the point of hurting Jeep massively. If it were dangerously similar with better power then it might be another story. It just doesn't have that potential as designed now.

Not saying it's bad..the Jeep is probably worse , but it's got the lead. By miles.

Reactions: TJ2 and DrDmoney
Maybe I'm in the outlier group, but I hate the styling of it. The grill is an awful attempt at something retro. I think the main reason is because some of the concepts looked much better. The 4 door is pretty bulbous and ugly.

With all that said, I do applaud Ford for building it, since the market is basically a sea of CUVs. The drivetrain, 4x4 capability, and neat features like being able to bring the doors with you are what will help sell it.

Pricing and dealer markup (why do car dealers still exist again?) will determine how well it sells. I believe this is one of the reasons why the JT isn't beating the Tacoma. $65k is a lot for a V6 midsize truck, regardless of cool factor. The base Bronco starts around $29k, but so does a base 2-Door JL, and we all know how hard it is to find one of those on a dealer lot. I remember a few years ago wanting to test drive a 2-Door 3.6L JK with a stick. I went to three different dealers, one even chuckled saying "that's the configuration people always want to test drive" yet none of the 3 had that in stock. They really wanted to sell me a 4-door $60,000 Sahara though...

I remember a few years ago wanting to test drive a 2-Door 3.6L JK with a stick. I went to three different dealers, one even chuckled saying "that's the configuration people always want to test drive" yet none of the 3 had that in stock. They really wanted to sell me a 4-door $60,000 Sahara though...
Which is why vehicles need to be sold by LINE ITEM and always built to order (BTO)...

Lol, an upper cut to the JL chin!
Wondering what's the counter punch would be?

Bell rung, 1st round over.

TJ expectators are in awe waiting for the 2nd round :)

Last edited:
Good post.

Speaking of really nice Broncos, @SamwiseGamJeep has a full size beauty ....and boy this guy takes care of his toys.

We are old friends, we were roommates back in our wild days, and man was it insane. We were so wild, you would hear " you drive, you are way too drunk to roll the joints."

He's a great, great guy.
Oh man @AndyG, just seeing this, lol! Here's the Bronco btw.

20170815_154701_1506209531504.jpg

20170815_164123_1506209255378.jpg

Over 230k $100 “deposits” have been made. Insane
Yeah, but @billiebob is right. I mean, with the way things are going these days, who's to say that these folks will be able to afford one when they finally get released? It'd be so much easier to forget about the $100 than to pay on something you can't afford. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out in the end. We can all return to this thread and reread the posts, and see who had it right, and who was way off base. ;)

@Squatch , I see your avatar, and all I can think of is episodes of Grizzly Adams. And I mean that in a good way. Loved that show.
Would that be the man, or the bear? ;) Loved that show as a kid. Dan Haggerty was the actor, if'n I recall correctly. And yeah, that comparison has been made for most of my adult life. :)

yep, scared to ask, you looked happier with a woman
but everytime I see that beard I think Milwaukie Tools
I do kinda look like a crotchety old man in that pic, don't I? And yeah, I still think of "the Milwaukie Kiss" every time I pick up that drill. I'm much more attentive of my beard placement, these days. ;)

So as I look at the Bronco more and more I find myself liking it less and less. Usually cars tend to grow on my the more looks I get, but the Bronco is going the other way.