Bronco vs. Wrangler

I'm still pleasantly surprised to see anyone bringing a brand new vehicle to market with a manual transmission. Now to convince Ford to put it behind the V6.

it's probably too weak

I think Jeep is getting it's ass kicked by that Bronco, at least on paper.

I don't.

It looks WAY better then a JL

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but ... NOPE.

can get 35"s, lockers, armor..

And will get IFS. Additionally, you'd spend as much as a Rubicon.

Jeep needs to get it's shi# together.

Jeep? Ferd hasn't even gotten their shi# out there yet.

it's probably too weak

I don't.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but ... NOPE.

And will get IFS. Additionally, you'd spend as much as a Rubicon.

Jeep? Ferd hasn't even gotten their shi# out there yet.
Hey when a bunch of broncos go up in flames literally I’ll stand by what your saying. Until then bronco does sound pretty damn appealing. Not even close to being in the market, but I’m excited to see these in the wild. JL has a shit ton to work on

What is the JL? It keeps winning SUV of the year?

tenor.gif

11 pages wore me out.
I will never understand why Toyota didn't build the FJ Cruiser w/ removable top and doors. I've seen them in the wild w/ doors off and it's looks as dumb as me taking the doors off of my Tacoma....BTW the new Broncos look like FJ Cruisers to me (but you can take the doors and top off).
A good friend was drooling for the used "Gladiator" market to emerge, now he's all about the Bronco..a new one.
He's a craft beer snob, btw.
He was over the other night: "So when are you going to flip (sell) this vehicle (TJ)?"
Me: Never
Him: "Yeah, right".
My wife will bury it w/ my ashes in it.

Don't know if you caught it, or not, but at the 6:16 mark (where they're showing the inside sidewall of the "Wrangler" tire), they flash on the screen "lol Wrangler". Even he sees the irony in it, apparently. ;)

@Squatch man! I've been meaning to complement your Avatar. LMAO
Best one I've seen in a while

I will never get rid of my Tj...

I can't even walk away from it without turning back and looking at it..

Hell I sometimes walk to the garage just to look at it.

In all of its big, square, non aerodynamic, terrible gas mileage, hot interior having glory..

But it has a soul, and history and can go to hell and back, and has for me..

I have drug deer out with it.. antelope.. taken the kids for ice cream.. camped and cooked next to a river out of the back of it...

And when I need to work on it all I need is a buddy, some cold beers and about 3 different sockets...

And that is priceless.

Bronco guy can take his on up to dealer and sip a latte while they plug it in for diagnosTIs..

I'll be in the garage with a 13mm... my 21 year old Jeep, and an ice cold Busch
latte.

Getting ready for another adventure..

20200718_184959.jpg
IMG952006(1).jpg

Last edited:
I will never get rid of my Tj...

I can't even walk away from it without turning back and looking at it..

Hell I sometimes walk to the garage just to look at it.

In all of its big, square, non aerodynamic, terrible gas mileage, hot interior having glory..

But it has a soul, and history and can go to hell and back, and has for me..

I have drug deer out with it.. antelope.. taken the kids for ice cream.. camped and cooked next to a river out of the back of it...

And when I need to work on it all I need is a buddy, some cold beers and about 3 different sockets...

And that is priceless.

Bronco guy can take his on up to dealer and sip a latte while they plug it in for diagnosTIs..

I'll be in the garage with a 13mm... my 21 year old Jeep, and an ice cold Busch
latte.

Getting ready for another adventure..

View attachment 178874View attachment 178876
Well said!!! (y)

I like the new Bronco, I think it looks pretty cool and like it could be a lot of fun. Though to be fair I haven't seen one in the flesh yet so the looks opinion could change.

It's silly to think it's a Wrangler killer though, obviously the Wrangler is entrenched and always will be.

Honestly, I would say the Bronco will wind up being good for the Wrangler. Competition breeds innovation. Don't forget what a pile of junk the iPhone was until the Galaxy showed up.