CalTrend seat covers

Here are better pictures of the samples I got. From left to right: DuraPlus charcoal; SportsTex charcoal; SportsTex black.

These first two pictures are with my wife's Canon Rebel T3i. Color balance set to "sun" for the sun and "shade" for the shade if that means anything.

In full sun on printer paper
IMG_6521.JPG

In the shade:
IMG_6527.JPG

These next four are on my Pixel 3 smartphone. All settings on auto.

In full sun on printer paper:
IMG_20200609_120208.jpg

In the shade:
IMG_20200609_120318.jpg

In full sun on a garbage bag:
IMG_20200609_120629.jpg

In the shade:
IMG_20200609_120550.jpg

To me the pictures from my wife's camera are the most faithful to what my eye sees. SportsTex charcoal really doesn't look as green as it does in some of the pictures from my phone.

I hope this helps! (y)

Wow we must have drained CARiD.com dry!

Last night I added DuraPlus black and charcoal front and rear to my cart and almost clicked buy. But I thought it'd be best to think about it for another day. Today they're not only out of stock but customer support is saying they aren't even selling those anymore! :cry:

They do have a smattering of other CalTrend covers on their site, just not the ones I'm leaning toward.

Looks like I'll be spending $30 more to buy from CalTrend.com instead :(
Either CarID or CalTrend called me about 4 days ago to confirm my order through CarID, saying they would be made in the next two weeks, then shipped out. I also used the Honey promo code and paid $145 shipped.

Here are better pictures of the samples I got. From left to right: DuraPlus charcoal; SportsTex charcoal; SportsTex black.

These first two pictures are with my wife's Canon Rebel T3i. Color balance set to "sun" for the sun and "shade" for the shade if that means anything.

In full sun on printer paper
View attachment 168625
In the shade:
View attachment 168626

These next four are on my Pixel 3 smartphone. All settings on auto.

In full sun on printer paper:
View attachment 168627
In the shade:
View attachment 168628
In full sun on a garbage bag:
View attachment 168630
In the shade:
View attachment 168629

To me the pictures from my wife's camera are the most faithful to what my eye sees. SportsTex charcoal really doesn't look as green as it does in some of the pictures from my phone.

I hope this helps! (y)

Thank you for all the effort. That was very nice of you.

I was wishing I'd ordered the duraplus. But I think the sportex will hide stains better. I sort of wish I could go with charcoal sportex. But now that my jeep has agate interior and black carpet. The grey seats would look slightly off. Had I been able to use charcoal carpet. I think I could hvae gone with the charcoal seat covers.

I too was going to consider having my seats reupholstered. But as well as these fit. I see no need too. My seats are faded and don't match exactly. As the fronts have a charcoal 03-06 pattern. And the rear has a 97-02 charcoal pattern. Both are sort of navajo blanket looking. But with everything else black (including my new roll bar covers). They really stand out. Can't wait to get these covers on.

Reactions: thomat65
Here's a question. I was going to run these thru the washing machine with Nikwax waterproofing. Or maybe I should just Scotchguard them. Anyone else use a treatment on these or any other seat covers? It would be a plus if it had UV protection. Plan on running with my top down most of summer. And don't want anything to fade. Or soak up any water for that matter.

Or maybe I should just Scotchguard them. Anyone else use a treatment on these or any other seat covers? It would be a plus if it had UV protection. Plan on running with my top down most of summer. And don't want anything to fade. Or soak up any water for that matter.
I've used Scotchguard or similar on every fabric seat or seat cover I've owned in the last 40 years. Never used a UV protectant but don't see why one shouldn't work. As with anything try it on a hidden piece of fabric first.

My Caltrends seats are pushing 2 yrs old. They have been filthy, muddy & covered in snow more than a couple times. They still look like new, no fading at all. My 70 lb border collie/St Bernard mix climbs around on them.
That said I don't hang out in the desert & I run the safari top in the summer. I wait till the mud dries & then just brush it off. I wipe them down with a damp rag & they look great again. Or I've used a lint roller to get the dog fur off.
I like the Duraplus texture. It's not slick when I'm bouncing around in the woods. It's not hot in the summer or cold in the winter. It feels like a pair of wool socks.
If I build an overhead gun case, I think I'll get some more material to cover it too.

KIMG0157.JPG

Reactions: thomat65
Thanks for posting about these seat covers, @dla, and to all the others who chimed in on their experience with this product. While I already bought a set of Bartact covers for my TJ, I'm going to look into getting some of these for my Charger, the wife's XJ, and her CR-V. Lots of nice color options, and a decent price. (y)

No! Say it's not so... I was so looking forward to seeing the plaid inserts!
While I very much want those seats reupholstered, I can't see doing 'em until everything else has been done. The Bartact covers are a decent compromise, for the time being. If everything pans out, the plaid will happen! (y)

Reactions: lowranger and dla
Does anyone have pictures of the black DuraPlus (either a sample or in your Jeep), or of the black and charcoal DuraPlus (in your Jeep)?

I really like how the black and charcoal SportsTex looks in @il buono's pictures (https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/caltrend-seat-covers.34753/post-596071) but I can't decide on SportsTex vs DuraPlus. I noticed the DuraPlus charcoal is lighter than the SportsTex charcoal and am wondering if the DuraPlus black is different too.

Last edited:
I got mine today. Here's what they look like:

IMG_7546.JPG

The funky two-tone of the stock seats always kinda turned me off. These are the SportsTex which were described to me as "kind of like canvas" but they decidedly are not. They are pretty soft to the touch and the fit is great. And I like that they are made in the USA. I guess mine skipped the QA process...🤣

IMG_7543.jpg

I’m disappointed. You guys keep talking up how great these covers are. I really want to get some, but I’m insisting on a red insert with either black or dark grey on the outsides. Unfortunately, they don’t make that in the DuraPlus or the SportsTex, only the carbon fiber or faux leather. But those two are way more expensive, and I can get Iggee in faux leather for $90 less than the caltrends.

• Haha
Reactions: Airjunky
I got mine today. Here's what they look like:

View attachment 168937

The funky two-tone of the stock seats always kinda turned me off. These are the SportsTex which were described to me as "kind of like canvas" but they decidedly are not. They are pretty soft to the touch and the fit is great. And I like that they are made in the USA. I guess mine skipped the QA process...🤣

View attachment 168942
They look great, but I had to laugh at the "funky two-tone" comment. A lot of folks (self, included) love the Sahara two-tone seats. Different strokes, as they say. ;)

Anyways, the covers do look nice! (y)

I swear when I ordered mine the Duraplus was not available for a TJ(?).
I’m disappointed. You guys keep talking up how great these covers are. I really want to get some, but I’m insisting on a red insert with either black or dark grey on the outsides. Unfortunately, they don’t make that in the DuraPlus or the SportsTex, only the carbon fiber or faux leather. But those two are way more expensive, and I can get Iggee in faux leather for $90 less than the caltrends.

Then buy the Iggee's. Nothing wrong with Iggee's.

Please confirm the color of SportTex.

Do you have Khaki plastic trim? How well does the color go with the plastic and carpet colors?

This is the model and color (beige).
B2384710-4EC0-4C20-BE8A-F25302A85366.jpeg

I have a green 2002 Sahara. I’m not sure if the interior is khaki or another color code. I will say the covers are not a perfect match but it’s probably as close a match or closer than the factory seat material. I haven’t seen it in the sun yet though.

Which fabric type repels dog hair the best? Sportex or duraplus? I ordered sportex. But im thinking duraplus might have been better. Trying to avoid having to put a cover in everytime i take the dog someplace.

Or is it pretty much the same fabric with a different pattern?