CalTrend seat covers

These sound great and look awesome! You guys just keep spending my money?! Black SportTex on the way.

Last edited:
When I ordered the Duraplus covers it looked like the prices were higher direct from Caltrend until prices were calculated in the shopping cart. With the discount they were offering and a difference in tax calculation the prices were within a few bucks.

To the guys with the sport Tex covers, can you please post additional pictures? I ordered the DuraPlus for my Jeep because I wanted them to be super durable and as close to waterproof as possible.

But Iā€™m in need of covers for my truck. Originally was going to go with Katzkin leather but they are close to $2k installed

To the guys with the sport Tex covers, can you please post additional pictures? I ordered the DuraPlus for my Jeep because I wanted them to be super durable and as close to waterproof as possible.

But Iā€™m in need of covers for my truck. Originally was going to go with Katzkin leather but they are close to $2k installed

SportsTex black w/ charcoal.
IMG_20200602_083410.jpg
IMG_20200602_083442.jpg
IMG_20200602_083554.jpg

Who else has a Dark Slate Gray interior? And what kind of fabric and what color did you get?

I'm trying to decide for myself. CalTrend sent me a few samples. Unfortunately I'm not going to have my Jeep before the the current sale ends so I can't compare them to my interior in person like I'd like to.

Here are the samples I got from top to bottom: DuraPlus Charcoal; SportsTex Black; SportsTex Charcoal.
IMG_20200608_202040_01.jpg

From everyone's pictures that SportsTex black with charcoal sure looks sharp. But I can't tell who has the same interior as me.

The DuraPlus really feels durable. It reminds me of Nylon backpack material. I wonder if it's easier to clean? The SportsTex feels more plush. Still very durable but maybe it would snag easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: dla
My duraplus covers just got here today. They are exactly like backpack material. Probably not as comfortable as the Sportstex. I was on the fence and finally went w the Duraplus. No regrets. They are exactly what I was looking for.

I got the tan/black combo as my interior is camel. Think it's gonna look awesome when I install them

Reactions: Airjunky
Who else has a Dark Slate Gray interior? And what kind of fabric and what color did you get?

I'm trying to decide for myself. CalTrend sent me a few samples. Unfortunately I'm not going to have my Jeep before the the current sale ends so I can't compare them to my interior in person like I'd like to.

Here are the samples I got from top to bottom: DuraPlus Charcoal; SportsTex Black; SportsTex Charcoal.
View attachment 168506

From everyone's pictures that SportsTex black with charcoal sure looks sharp. But I can't tell who has the same interior as me.

The DuraPlus really feels durable. It reminds me of Nylon backpack material. I wonder if it's easier to clean? The SportsTex feels more plush. Still very durable but maybe it would snag easier.
I have the slate gray interior. I ordered SportsTex Black. Should be here in a couple weeks or Iā€™d send photos. Sorry!

Reactions: thomat65

View attachment 168506

Why does the charcoal look green to me? If you've got the slate interior like I do. I'd say go with black. That charcoal just does not look right to me. Like in a matching or going with everything else in the vehicle way.

I'm really glad you posted this. I now know I want Sportex in black. Thank you very much.

Reactions: JMT
Just ordered the black Sportex. But I used the Honey extension on chrome and saved $13. I don't know what code they used. But it worked. Price with tax was $145. and free shipping. Someone said this was ending at some point. Man everyone should jump on these while they can.

ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”.JPG

• Love
Reactions: JMT
These look almost too good to be true but considering how many have endorsed them, it looks like you can't beat them for the price.

After reading so many posts that Bartact are the best of the best, can anyone give a comparison to how these stack up against the Bartacts? At 1/4 the price of the Bartacts. if it's even remotely close, then there may be a new item on my shopping list (and I don't even need seat covers!)

• Haha
Reactions: JMT and Airjunky
Why does the charcoal look green to me? If you've got the slate interior like I do. I'd say go with black. That charcoal just does not look right to me. Like in a matching or going with everything else in the vehicle way.

I'm really glad you posted this. I now know I want Sportex in black. Thank you very much.

I'm glad I could help.

For posterity it could have just been my indoor lighting or my phone. I'll try to take another picture out in the sun today.

These look almost too good to be true but considering how many have endorsed them, it looks like you can't beat them for the price.

After reading so many posts that Bartact are the best of the best, can anyone give a comparison to how these stack up against the Bartacts? At 1/4 the price of the Bartacts. if it's even remotely close, then there may be a new item on my shopping list (and I don't even need seat covers!)
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Someone said this was ending at some point.

I thought the sale ended at the end of the month. I would have sworn I saw that on CalTrend's website. But now I can't find it. All I see is them saying there's a 15% discount, but I don't see an end date.

I have no experience with the Bartacs, but the duraplus I got are better than any cover I've ever seen. (Not counting leather) And tough as nails. They are the tiniest bit rough on naked skin, but that's gonna help hold you in the seat. And certainly not uncomfortable. With a pup as high energy as mine I need a lot of wear resistance in anything she touches. And after a year they look new. No scuff. No wear. And still fit like new.

Reactions: TrueTexas and JMT

Bartacts are nice but niche IMO. If you really want molle and pockets, they are a good solution. For color options, material and price, Caltrend is the way to go for most people. Even their fake leather is cheaper than the bartects and I can imagine the quality looks really good based off the sportstex and dura.

Here is a picture of the beige Sportstex in my 2000 TJ. The website color for beige looks like dark brown but I took a chance and ordered hoping it would be beige. Very satisfied with quality, nice covers.

20200605_132428.jpg

Last edited:
These get better by the post! Canā€™t wait to get mine. I was planning to have my stock seats re-upholstered. This saves me lots of time and money

Reactions: Hotrodbud
Wow we must have drained CARiD.com dry!

Last night I added DuraPlus black and charcoal front and rear to my cart and almost clicked buy. But I thought it'd be best to think about it for another day. Today they're not only out of stock but customer support is saying they aren't even selling those anymore! :cry:
Support: As I can see those parts were removed from our website.
Me: Were they removed because they are temporarily out of stock, or were they removed because they will no longer be sold?
Support: The above parts were removed because they will no longer be sold for now.

They do have a smattering of other CalTrend covers on their site, just not the ones I'm leaning toward.

Looks like I'll be spending $30 more to buy from CalTrend.com instead :(

Last edited:
As far as I know CARiD did not ever stock these. They are all made to order at CalTrend here in Southern California.