CalTrend seat covers

After a year wit a dog co-pilot that had carbide toe nails my set are still in perfect shape. And they haven't shifted a bit in that time either. And having a 65 lb pup clawing and pulling as she enters thru the driver side that is impressive in my book.

Reactions: JMT
Anyone have some pictures of the Duraplus fabric seats in their TJ?

The SportsTex ones look awesome but I am only running a bikini top on my TJ and its pretty common to see a quick rain shower even on nice days as we are close to the Gulf of Mexico. Since the Duraplus are waterproof, I'd ideally want to go that way but, I don't want the seats to look like they are wrapped in a burlap sack or worse yet, feel like I am sitting on one.

Congrats on the new seat covers. Mine are over a year old now & still looking great. Went on a ride today with over 30 other rigs, ran my tube doors & got snow and mud on them over and over. The mud dries, I brush it off and they look great again. Multiple people looked at them and liked them, asking where they came from.
Plus they sent me another yard of the material so I could finish the fender boxes to look the same.
Kudos Caltrends!

IMG_20190904_192538899.jpg

Reactions: JMT
Has anyone tried the "Wet Okole" covers? Expensive and long ship times but they look really nice. $150 more than the Cal Trend neoprene in plain black. Curious if anyone has them and thinks they are worth it.

Has anyone tried the "Wet Okole" covers? Expensive and long ship times but they look really nice. $150 more than the Cal Trend neoprene in plain black. Curious if anyone has them and thinks they are worth it.
Wet Okole covers are all CR neoprene, right? If so there is nothing better for protecting the seats from water, a nice fit, and the added padding is nice. I put neoprene covers in my truck because I needed the waterproof feature. The one thing they don't do is breathe and in a hot climate that can be uncomfortable.

Reactions: Infernicus
Appearance-wise, for Caltrend, SportsTex appears to be the consensus (and pics look the best). I have a black ‘99 without a center console and am debating gray, black or the gray/black combo. Leaning gray since black might be too harsh when compared to the dashboard. Thoughts?

Just to be forewarned, I got the charcoal and it is a bit on the blue-ish tint.
20200517_094340.jpg

They are built like iron and fit great. And I happen to like the color, though I wouldn't call it technically charcoal.

Neoprene or neosupreme?

I couldn't figure out what that was so I called CalTrend and talked with them. NeoSupreme is a lighter version of neoprene, and doesnt have the same amount of padding, and the SportsTex sounded like the way to go.

I priced out a set on the CalTrend and the CARiD sites - CARiD turned out to be a bit cheaper. And I'm using that Honey plugin that auto-tries coupon codes and if found one that dropped the price down to ~$133.

I ordered mine last week from CARiD in black/beige SportsTex. They called me within and hour to verify my vehicle. Customer service seems outstanding. We'll see about quality and fitment when they arrive.

Reactions: dla