CalTrend seat covers

Or is it pretty much the same fabric with a different pattern?
From my samples of both the SportsTex is much softer than the DuraPlus. For the DuraPlus think of a Nylon backpack, where the SportsTex is more supple. My wife who grooms dogs and cats thinks the DuraPlus would be easier to clean. But I think someone else on this thread talked about having SportsTex (and dogs too if I'm remembering correctly) and it not being difficult to clean, so take my words for what they're worth.

Anyone have a coupon for buying from Caltrends directly? Carid doesn't have any duraplus left for Jeeps.

Also on the Caltrends site if you choose TJ it will show out of stock. But if you select Wrangler it will show in stock.

I just changed my order to Caltrends directly. Cost me $182 instead of $140 something. But I think the Duraplus is going to work out better for me. With dog hair and all. Plus it lists Duraplus as a waterproof. So that's a plus. Not sure if everyone saw that.

I will say Carid is running low on various Caltrend covers. So you might want to order now. Rather than wait. It's sale is substantially lower than any other Caltrend retailer.

I also forgot I have 03-06 front seats and 97-02 rear seat. So I had to order those separately. My first order of the Sportex would not have worked anyway. Because of this.

Do these attach securely enough that they would keep a couple inches of foam secure between the seat and seat cover? My seat cushion is getting kind of thin and I thought that might be a cheap option to improve it.

Yes! barely fit without them. I would love to lower the seat another inch or so though. Trying to look under the top bar windshield to see stoplights gets a bit tiring.

I may have to go old school with one of these. Raise your hand if you know what it is!

View attachment 163295
Auto Headlight Dimmer from the 60's ??

I have the duraplus fabric and it holds up to dog, dog hair, fluids really well. And they fit super snug with absolutely no movement in over a year. No sagging no puckering. You could fit maybe an inch or so of foam underneath. More if the seat itself has worn down. While you are doing this be sure to add a seat warmer under at the same time. Available on Amazon for little money.😀

Caltrends called me yesterday morning to double check my order. As i have late model seats in front and early model rear seat. They were super nice. Each set is made per order. Thus the 2 week TAT.

They are made right here in LA too. I asked her about Duraplus and Sportex vs dog hair. And she said for sure Duraplus is better in that regard. Sportex has more fibers. And Duraplus is like backpack material. She also noted that its waterproof. Something all you desert and mud boggers should consider.

I'm really glad i changed my order. Duraplus will shed water and dog hair. Can't beat that. Plus i had ordered the wrong fronts.

Caltrends called me yesterday morning to double check my order. As i have late model seats in front and early model rear seat. They were super nice. Each set is made per order. Thus the 2 week TAT.

They are made right here in LA too. I asked her about Duraplus and Sportex vs dog hair. And she said for sure Duraplus is better in that regard. Sportex has more fibers. And Duraplus is like backpack material. She also noted that its waterproof. Something all you desert and mud boggers should consider.

I'm really glad i changed my order. Duraplus will shed water and dog hair. Can't beat that. Plus i had ordered the wrong fronts.
What's your interior, and what colors did you order? You and @Goatman have convinced me to order DuraPlus over SportsTex but I'm still weighing the color options.

Anyone have install tips for the duraplus? Covers look to be well made but I’m struggling to get the lumbar section of the seat tight. I’ve removed the seat cover twice and reinstalled but it doesn’t want to form to the lumbar support area of the seat very well. The seat cover is suspended off the lumbar area by about an inch (attached video). They are the factory 05 TJ front seats

9E53A492-2968-4D4D-9743-5FC57182A705.png

DEC72C14-8901-4367-923B-3351BB42CF45.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone have install tips for the duraplus? Covers look to be well made but I’m struggling to get the lumbar section of the seat tight. I’ve removed the seat cover twice and reinstalled but it doesn’t want to form to the lumbar support area of the seat very well. It’s a 2005 TJ

Cant open attachment.

Cant open attachment.

Tired saving the video several time but no luck. Screen shot a couple of pictures from the video. One pushing the seat cover and one of the seat cover in its natural state about 1” from the seat in the lumbar section

Tired saving the video several time but no luck. Screen shot a couple of pictures from the video. One pushing the seat cover and one of the seat cover in its natural state about 1” from the seat in the lumbar section

Are u sure u ordered the correct year range? 97-02 seats are very different from 03-06.

I just got Bartact front covers for my 02 TJ which I really like but not thrilled about another 300 for the rear seat. Can anyone with the beige duraplus swag how close they would match with my Bartact Coyote

562C4659-76B9-460A-86EB-F6DACAF736DC.jpeg

BD063D9E-77D1-4288-B8CF-DF7030395445.jpeg

Reactions: Tldelaney
I just installed my duraplus in my 99. Definitely needs some time to conform

For those of you that installed the duraplus, I've got a couple of questions

1. Was the Velcro for the front seat backs a little loose when you installed it? I've got the Velcro as far as it will go and still have about another inch of so that I could go to get it right. I'm hoping it tightens up to get a more snug fit.

IMG_20200713_131752.jpg

IMG_20200713_131741.jpg

2. The strap on the driver's cushion that runs side to side has the female end of the clip by the door. How did you attach this? It is a little too large to fit thru the gap in the seat to upper rail. If the male was on this side, it could be removed and then reattached after the strap is pulled thru

IMG_20200713_131636.jpg