Cam sensor, crank sensor or both?

I’m going to have the shop do the work, I have a trip planned for the end of April and I doubt I could get it done by then what with all the spring honey do’s. When I rebuilt the engine I replaced everything with the exception of the OPDA. Kicking myself in the ass. The mechanic said that since Covid ALL the cam manufacturers have their flat lifter cams made overseas, I assume china, and they all have a high failure rate. The good news is that there’s not much call for 4.0 cams so he figures that 4.0 cams are mostly, if not all, pre Covid. Knock on wood.

I’m going to have the shop do the work, I have a trip planned for the end of April and I doubt I could get it done by then what with all the spring honey do’s. When I rebuilt the engine I replaced everything with the exception of the OPDA. Kicking myself in the ass. The mechanic said that since Covid ALL the cam manufacturers have their flat lifter cams made overseas, I assume china, and they all have a high failure rate. The good news is that there’s not much call for 4.0 cams so he figures that 4.0 cams are mostly, if not all, pre Covid. Knock on wood.

You might look into a comp cam or other in a very mild grind. They won't be chinese

Reactions: matkal
IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_0523.jpeg

Jeep came home from the mechanic today 😊
A couple pics of the cam

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Mike_H and Rickyd