Can a TJ VIN be used on TJ Unlimited build?

ok.

yeah, definitely cheaper to run the TJ cluster if you have all the parts.

The whole "extra PCM just to run a cluster" feels kinda janky to me so I think I'd get an aftermarket cluster and roll with that. But to each his own.

I can always remove the extra wies on the harness if needed.

Does an automatic tub have all the holes needed to convert to manual? I came across a better auto tub but out of 05 Lj.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ

Does an automatic tub have all the holes needed to convert to manual? I came across a better auto tub but out of 05 Lj.

Yes, I believe the tubs are the same, they just use plugs vs grommets depending on whether the hole has something through it.

I ran into an 05 LJ. Frame is gone but tub seems good. $3500 complete with hardtop.

What ya think?

20240522_092232.jpg

20240522_092215.jpg

20240522_092157.jpg

20240522_092143.jpg

20240522_092050.jpg

20240522_092104.jpg

20240522_092109.jpg

20240522_092118.jpg

20240522_092121.jpg

The only differences are the mounting for the clutch master cylinder on the firewall to the left of the brake booster and the shifter cable. The clutch master hole is used for the manual and has a block off plate for the auto. The shifter cable hole will need a grommet.

The 04 TJ Unlimited was only offered as an auto. I converted one to a manual with zero issues or mods needed.

The only other difference is the clutch and brake pedal swing arm which uses the same mounting as just the brake pedal in the auto.

Reactions: myjeep3

The tub has rust below the door and dents. To each his own, but the tub would need work, and rust is a cancer, and if that's what you see, what's there you don't...on the tub. Obviously there is a lot of other.

The tub has rust below the door and dents. To each his own, but the tub would need work, and rust is a cancer, and if that's what you see, what's there you don't...on the tub. Obviously there is a lot of other.

You'r expecting a rust free Jeep?? Well I am north, so there will always be some rust, but this tub can be removed and cleaned up. I will pair it with the frame from the red tub in a post above. $3200 for the silver lj and $1400 on the frame is not bad, I think.

You'r expecting a rust free Jeep?? Well I am north, so there will always be some rust, but this tub can be removed and cleaned up. I will pair it with the frame from the red tub in a post above. $3200 for the silver lj and $1400 on the frame is not bad, I think.

$1400 for the frame a page or so back? That frame looks like it’s already been repaired/capped. Better check the rest of the inside. I wouldn’t spend $1400 on a repaired frame, I would look for one without rust and previous repairs.

What is needed to run the AX15 manual on a 04-06 LJ?

The big part is usually the bellhousing but since you're doing an LS swap that is a non-issue (has to do with the crankshaft position sensor on the 05-06 being different and in a different location). You'll have conversion parts for the LS that will take care of all of that.

Otherwise there's some fiddling around with the shift boot because the shifters are bent differently and the boots are not quite in the same place. The mount is the same. I think you need the mount for the NSG370 and there's some minor grinding required to clear a couple of the AX15's bolt heads.

I put an AX15 in my 06 LJ in 2022, here's the thread about it. Obviously you'll ignore stuff that has to do with the 4.0. There's a bit about changing the reverse light connector but if you use the TJ harness it'll already have the right one.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/nsg370-to-ax15-swap.61396/

Reactions: myjeep3
$1400 for the frame a page or so back? That frame looks like it’s already been repaired/capped. Better check the rest of the inside. I wouldn’t spend $1400 on a repaired frame, I would look for one without rust and previous repairs.
I hear you but again, we are up north repaired frames of most of our jeep, when done right they are solid. A rust free frame from south would cost a fortunate, plus this is not a show jeep, just some to have fun with.

I hear you but again, we are up north repaired frames of most of our jeep, when done right they are solid. A rust free frame from south would cost a fortunate, plus this is not a show jeep, just some to have fun with.

Solid rust free southern frame is about the same price as your salty swiss cheese frame...

Finding one that doesn't sell the same day it's posted, is the difficulty. You can even find them right about $1k...

Solid rust free southern frame is about the same price as your salty swiss cheese frame...

Finding one that doesn't sell the same day it's posted, is the difficulty. You can even find them right about $1k...

Where?

You're in

You're in AL, show me a clean rust free for $1k . Am in north in MA

Apologies, didn't mean to sound negative. Like I said, no mine has zero rust. It had some surface on the frame, and I hit it with the flap wheel and painted. I've lived my life in Texas, so I cannot judge for sure.

You know what's a good deal, I just know around here, if a Jeep had rust coming through the paint on a body everyone would say "No Way" ha. Perspective, right? All good, sounds like you have a plan and got it, and it can be a fun Jeep, I follow you.

Apologies, didn't mean to sound negative. Like I said, no mine has zero rust. It had some surface on the frame, and I hit it with the flap wheel and painted. I've lived my life in Texas, so I cannot judge for sure.

You know what's a good deal, I just know around here, if a Jeep had rust coming through the paint on a body everyone would say "No Way" ha. Perspective, right? All good, sounds like you have a plan and got it, and it can be a fun Jeep, I follow you.

No worries man, yea texas is different, when those south rust free jeeps hit north, the prices are crazy. I had repaired a TJ frame 4 years ago and still strong, stronger thn original, and still rust free.

Check baseline 4x4, they have frames. 44 TJ frames when I looked earlier today. Didn’t look for LJ, but I’m sure they have em…probably straight and rust free around 2k

Check baseline 4x4, they have frames. 44 TJ frames when I looked earlier today. Didn’t look for LJ, but I’m sure they have em…probably straight and rust free around 2k

I looked, don't think they ship, local pickup, I am in MA