Car pics too cool not to share

Somebody needs to explain what a "post car" is - new term to me!

As mentioned, it's a 2-door car with B-pillar, officially called a 2-door sedan. With these Chevies the "sedan" models actually have an extra ~2 inches of headroom or top height, and '60s Chryslers are that way too.

1712403660194.png

Compared to a 2-door hardtop.

1712403728452.png

In the 4-door world, they're just referred to as a "4-door" or "4-door sedan".
1712403939347.png

4-door hardtop.
1712404001423.png

As mentioned, it's a 2-door car with B-pillar, officially called a 2-door sedan. With these Chevies the "sedan" models actually have an extra ~2 inches of headroom or top height, and '60s Chryslers are that way too.

View attachment 515698

View attachment 515699

View attachment 515700

4-door hardtop.
View attachment 515701

Kinda odd that you chose a 64 Chevy as your example ! :D

Lamborghini Countach , This is one of the first classic Supercars !

Certainly one of (though I have heard they are not so pleasant to drive, wouldn't know personally). I'll grant you the brand but feel you need to roll back about 8 years to 1966. The Lamborghini Miura, considered by many to be supercar genesis...

Lamborghini_Miura_P400_S_in_Red_over_Gold,_front_left.jpg

Certainly one of (though I have heard they are not so pleasant to drive, wouldn't know personally). I'll grant you the brand but feel you need to roll back about 8 years to 1966. The Lamborghini Miura, considered by many to be supercar genesis...

View attachment 515711

Many years ago I worked with a guy owned a Miura . Him and his brother ( who also own a Miura ) had a side job at their shop repairing exotic cars for a exotic car dealer. They bought and imported a 75 grey market Countach from Saudis Arabia , I got to sit in it and fire it up. What I remember is you slide across a foot wide door sill then put your feet in a small tunnel with the pedals , you can't see the nose of the car at all, the world stops at the windshield.
I'm 5' 10" and my head was touching the roof, you also looked in the rear view mirror through a tiny little rear window the same size as the mirror.
But the sound of that 12 cylinder running and your eyes burning from the fumes would offset all the other issues !

View attachment 515698

View attachment 515699

View attachment 515700

4-door hardtop.
View attachment 515701

When I had my 57 Chevy it was the model without a B pillar and I was told that it was called a 2door hardtop convertible. Might have been that I was a 17 year old kid and someone was pulling my leg? Or might have been that I don't remember it all correctly.

But back to the original comment...

This doesn't look as good.

1712431212844.png

As this

1712431245976.png

Last edited:
Here's an old Mack setup

1712430529454.png

1712430591891.png

1712430660899.png

1964 B 61 Mack, reg RV711 Mack Thermodyne 15 RTO transmission Air ride rearAir lock rearUpdated with running gear from 94 FreightlinerMichelin tiresKodiak camperSteel flat deck, with custom truck body, built by Intercontinental Truck Bodies

Who wants a new project?

1712436758371.png

Losing Storage
Selling Everything Message me for info on a car, (71 LeMans is Sold) 4 HJs, 7 Frazer Convertibles 49-51, 3 Dragons, 5 Club Coupes, 2 Two Door Sedans, 3 49 Frazers, 4 Virginians, and more Prices vary but lets be honest scrap is $225 a ton so $400 is bottom dollar. Will start scrapping everything at the end of the month, no choice anymore. Located in Southeastern WI

When I had my 57 Chevy it was the model without a B pillar and I was told that it was called a 2door hardtop convertible. Might have been that I was a 17 year old kid and someone was pulling my leg? Or might have been that I don't remember it all correctly.

View attachment 515769

As this

View attachment 515770

Say what you will about the style of the 2-door sedan, there are two things that cannot be denied: They're a stronger unit in a side-collision (T-boned), and the windows sealed out the wind noise and rain much better than the hardtops did, especially once they had a few years on 'em. Anyone who has ever owned one of each will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Say what you will about the style of the 2-door sedan, there are two things that cannot be denied: They're a stronger unit in a side-collision (T-boned), and the windows sealed out the wind noise and rain much better than the hardtops did, especially once they had a few years on 'em. Anyone who has ever owned one of each will know exactly what I'm talking about.

I've only owned the hardtop and can't say I've even ever ridden in a sedan so I can't comment on that but I can see where the sedan would work better. But from an ONLY styling standpoint I would still rather have the hardtop.

But honestly at this point I'd take either if I could get my hands on one for a reasonable price.... Not that I NEED another project in my life right now...

This is one of the reasons I like the 68 - 72 Novas as much as 1st gen. Camaros. Same car different body.

Reactions: Squatch and Wildman

View attachment 515769

As this

View attachment 515770

I have no issue with the right post .

f3cff9ad1626208573b61dde57d13117.jpg

I have no issue with the right post .

View attachment 515786

Not saying I wouldn't take it but if I had a sedan or a hardtop sitting in front of me for the same price and they both required the same amount of work I'd take the hardtop first just because I like the "LOOK" better.

As I've said before I've changed my likes and dislikes as I've gotten older and would enjoy a 4 door now too.

But considering all my trials & tribulations with my TJ I'm not in the mood to take on another project right now. I might feel differently once the TJ is actually driving on the trail.