Car pics too cool not to share

Say what you will about the style of the 2-door sedan, there are two things that cannot be denied: They're a stronger unit in a side-collision (T-boned), and the windows sealed out the wind noise and rain much better than the hardtops did, especially once they had a few years on 'em. Anyone who has ever owned one of each will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Also more robust in a rollover situation. A more rigid body shell all around. While I do like the 2 door hardtop "pillarless" look (as my '67 Chevelle had), I wouldn't turn down a '55 or '57 2 door sedan, I don't think they look too shabby, but I do get where everyone is coming from.

I didn't have a wife and kids and 3 3/4 other project cars, also various house projects

I can solve most of this for you. Divorce, sell them for medical research/experiments and sell the house. Now all you have to do is sort the car projects out and you're golden. Or you could fake your own death and assume a new identity...

For the record, I am a bachelor...does it show? :D

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch and Wildman
I can solve most of this for you. Divorce, sell them for medical research/experiments and sell the house. Now all you have to do is sort the car projects out and you're golden. Or you could fake your own death and assume a new identity...

For the record, I am a bachelor...does it show? :D

While I'm no expert.... I've only been divorced 4 times it's been my experience that any divorce is EXPENSIVE. Now I'm sure there are those that come out on the Good side of things but I'd bet they are few and far between.

I'll agree that being single is NICE since you get to be the one who decides where your money goes... But of course being irresponsible with those funds can get you into as much trouble or more than getting divorced.

3.75 projects is more than enough currently. Of course when I win the lotto I'll have a 100'x150' shop with a living area in the back and storage all around it so I can have 10-20 projects staked up & waiting.

Here's another Odd-Ball look that is only for some... A Bobbed Willy's pickup. I bought one back in the late 90's that looked like this. Still had the stock axles in it and no engine. I never did get it running.

View attachment 515649

The bed looks like a military Jeep trailer.

The bed looks like a military Jeep trailer.

Yes it does. The one I had was the stock bed that had been shortened. I still like the look but do wonder how it would handle. I guess if you kept the WB around say a TJ/XJ/LJ it'd be OK.

I've only owned the hardtop and can't say I've even ever ridden in a sedan so I can't comment on that but I can see where the sedan would work better. But from an ONLY styling standpoint I would still rather have the hardtop.

But honestly at this point I'd take either if I could get my hands on one for a reasonable price.... Not that I NEED another project in my life right now...

For overall styling, I like the hardtop, and sometimes even better than a convertible (depends on the car). However, once you start building the car into something a bit different, then things can change. Lowrider? I prefer a hardtop. Gasser? 2-door sedan. Sleeper? I still prefer a sedan, but a hardtop could do the job just fine. Of course, this is all just my personal opinion and tastes.

For overall styling, I like the hardtop, and sometimes even better than a convertible (depends on the car). However, once you start building the car into something a bit different, then things can change. Lowrider? I prefer a hardtop. Gasser? 2-door sedan. Sleeper? I still prefer a sedan, but a hardtop could do the job just fine. Of course, this is all just my personal opinion and tastes.

For whatever reason I've never been a huge fan of a convertible 57 Chevy. They just don't look right to me.

This thread is seriously dangerous for me because it makes me want a FUN car project.

@Squatch This is what you need...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/25966166702982939/

1712458418021.png

Also more robust in a rollover situation. A more rigid body shell all around. While I do like the 2 door hardtop "pillarless" look (as my '67 Chevelle had), I wouldn't turn down a '55 or '57 2 door sedan, I don't think they look too shabby, but I do get where everyone is coming from.

Don't forget the wagons. A long-roof car, especially in a 2-door, is pretty damn awesome. Even better? A sedan delivery, baby!!!
1712458327581.png

1712458434541.png

1712458535026.png

1712458615040.png

1712458672556.png

I've seen some Coyote swaps in older Ford pickups and maybe 1 or two cars but yes not as popular.
Even the 5.0 and 5.8 wasn't as popular. But for the Jeep world I seem to remember there were some reasons also.

Its a great motor. Light and loves to rev, but thats not really what you look for in a trail rig. And its very wide with those DOHC heads.

Reactions: Wildman
That’s a car I really wanted to like but somehow never clicked for me. Maybe not subtle enough? I’d love an old stock looking Volvo 240 wagon with a V8 swap. Next project?

My son is into the Volvo wagons with the turbo diesels. For a foreign rig I'd like a Porsche 944 or a VW Scirocco

1712465602882.png

1712465555184.png