lrb6805

Die Living
Supporting Member
Hey Guys,
My jeep is having starting issues, hopefully someone here has had a similar issue or can offer some solutions.

I last drove my jeep ('06 LJ, 81K miles) on Friday when I parked it at a buddy's place to go out of town for the weekend. Came back a few hours ago, hopped in my jeep and started it up. The jeep started fine, the only thing different for this start is that I automatically turned the A/C on full blast to get some air going due to recently putting top/doors on. I know I didn't let it properly warm up, but it's about 95 here in TX. I started to drive and after about 200 feet I noticed I would press the accelerator but I would get no response. I tried to accelerate a few times, but nothing would happen, but the engine was still running. I couldn't tell if it was about to stall or not because I put it in park and turned it off. I tried restarting the engine, but it wouldn't start. All it does is crank, but the engine doesn't turn over and start. Luckily I was still in the parking lot so I pushed it into a parking lot and got a ride back to my place.

From what I experienced I figured it was the fuel pump that had gone out or the fuel injectors. I just went back though with my code reader and to try starting it a few more times (same issues though) and got these codes:

CEL Codes:
P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit
P0700 Transmission Control System
P0562 System Low Voltage (i'm thinking from trying to crank it multiple times)

Symptoms observed:
Loss of Acceleration after starting and running
Will not start, only crank

Anyone have any solutions or seen something similar? Thanks!

I replaced the Crankshaft Position Sensor today with a Mopar one. It seems to have fixed the issue. My concern though is looking at the old one there are small metal shavings that are magnetized to the old sensor head. Could this be an indicator of another issue that I can fix before it become an actual problem?

01f660c18ab9904eb92f7ad43990efb4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where is the crankshaft position sensor mounted? I think it is in the bell housing right? Doesn't it go off of the flywheel? If so that is probably normal wear. As far as your A/C I am in AZ and most of the time I don't remember to even shut it off so when I start mine it hits me in the face at full blast every time it fire it up. I never thought about it being an issue, not that it is, but I thought I would put that out there as someone who never turns off the A/C. I am getting ready to take my top and doors off now that summer is over. We are backwards here in the desert.

I wouldn't worry about those metal shavings, that's normal wear and should be expected. I believe that sensor sits on the flywheel housing (right?), in which case, it's even more normal you'd see some metal shavings.

So the Mopar sensor fixed the issue?

This isn't surprising. I try and drill this into members all the time... ALWAYS USE OE MOPAR SENSORS! Our Jeeps are very finicky when it comes to the electronics, and they seem to want to reject any sensor that isn't an OE Mopar sensor.

It's one thing to use an aftermarket bushing, but when it comes to electronics, never use anything but OE Mopar parts.

Lesson learned though, right?

I wouldn't worry about those metal shavings, that's normal wear and should be expected. I believe that sensor sits on the flywheel housing (right?), in which case, it's even more normal you'd see some metal shavings.

So the Mopar sensor fixed the issue?

This isn't surprising. I try and drill this into members all the time... ALWAYS USE OE MOPAR SENSORS! Our Jeeps are very finicky when it comes to the electronics, and they seem to want to reject any sensor that isn't an OE Mopar sensor.

It's one thing to use an aftermarket bushing, but when it comes to electronics, never use anything but OE Mopar parts.

Lesson learned though, right?
Yeah this is the first time it happened and it happened suddenly. Either there was no warning or I just wasn't paying attention to them. I got lucky because I was supposed to drive down to Austin for the weekend, but instead rode with a buddy in his JK. I just drove it back after replacing the sensor and everything is great. I bought the Mopar sensor from the dealership as recommended on this and many other forums. Took me a little bit to find it since I guess the location is different on the I6 Auto. It was on the right side under the passenger, but I found it. Took about 5 minutes to fix.

For others who find this thread, I used Mopar Part # 4727451AA.

Yeah this is the first time it happened and it happened suddenly. Either there was no warning or I just wasn't paying attention to them. I got lucky because I was supposed to drive down to Austin for the weekend, but instead rode with a buddy in his JK. I just drove it back after replacing the sensor and everything is great. I bought the Mopar sensor from the dealership as recommended on this and many other forums. Took me a little bit to find it since I guess the location is different on the I6 Auto. It was on the right side under the passenger, but I found it. Took about 5 minutes to fix.

For others who find this thread, I used Mopar Part # 4727451AA.

Glad you got it all sorted out then. Yep, always use Mopar sensors on these things, better safe than sorry.

Interestingly enough, Mopar part number 4727451AA says it's only for the 2006 model Wranglers. Guess it must have been slightly different on the 05 and below.

Not bad though, Amazon has it for $25:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GD98MHK/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Just a quick warning...I've been looking at sensors on Amazon and some of the ones that say they are Mopar are not actually Mopar parts. Read the reviews... Thankfully Amazon has a good return policy