Center vent issue

ArvadaJon

I found a thread on here talking about replacing the blend arm when no air is coming through center vents. However, my issue is a little different (I think).

Air comes out of center vents on the AC setting, but not on the other center vent setting. I've replaced the fan switch, resistor, and door actuator to no avail.

Any other insight is appreciated!

20200914_171254.jpg

Check this vacuum hose. Make sure it's seated snugly. Same happened to me and that was all it was. The hose had popped off.
20200914_184656.jpg
20200914_184615.jpg

I bought vacuum line for my ATV today. Shit if they aren't proud of that stuff these days. The chick at the counter was like " good thing you're not buying fuel injection line, it's like 6 bucks a foot right now" :oops:

If you still haven’t figured this out there is one last place to look for a vacuum leak. There is a vacuum reservoir under the battery tray you could test that for a leak or the lines that go to it.

Have you checked the other two door actuators that divert air? They are under the dash and centered. That was my issue. It was broke so the top portion would rotate but the end connected to the door would not. There is a thread about it. If you contort yourself and get your head on the drivers side floor, you’ll see them. Work the function switch while watching to make sure the whole actuator is moving, not just the portion connected to the cable. If it’s broke off in there you can get a wood screw, and screw it into the broken piece and yank it out.

If you still haven’t figured this out there is one last place to look for a vacuum leak. There is a vacuum reservoir under the battery tray you could test that for a leak or the lines that go to it.
I think that's my next replacement as mine isn't mounted and it's bouncing around under the battery tray, so probably easy to break/leak.

However, I can't find anything as to where its supposed to mount.