Charlotte the '99 Sahara

Reactions: thekidwithquestions
I think if I torque to 150 ft lbs with my torque wrench, then give some good hard yanks with a 1/2 ratchet I'll be good

I can hopefully know if its not torqued enough by looking for this from the SSSYE install instructions:
NOTE: If you experience an erratic speedometer needle, this is an indication that the nut is insufficiently torqued. Retorque to recommended amount.

Reactions: lBasket
I think if I torque to 150 ft lbs with my torque wrench, then give some good hard yanks with a 1/2 ratchet I'll be good

I can hopefully know if its not torqued enough by looking for this from the SSSYE install instructions:
NOTE: If you experience an erratic speedometer needle, this is an indication that the nut is insufficiently torqued. Retorque to recommended amount.
Yeah I read that too and wondered if you could try trial and error... It might work!

Nothing wrong with an excuse to buy a nice new useful tool though 🙂

C57C8E46-AC4D-4D53-84CC-A242886D3A7B.jpeg

This came from Lowe’s. It’s good up to 250 ft/lbs. you could always do a search online for your specific store to see if they have it in stock.

I bought that exact torque wrench from Lowe's when they dropped the price to $49. I was looking at the Icon from HF, but at the sale price, it was an easy decision.