Cheap Seat Spacers

I understand. I have the relocation brackets myself. I am also 6 feet but have a bit extra in front too. I don't feel the need to raise up but to move back. The relocation brackets do just that. Extra leg room and belly room without sacraficing head room. I have never had the back seat in so it does not bother me to move back more.

For sure the best mod on my Jeep. I don't think I would own a TJ without them. There simply is not enough leg room for me. I'm 6'3".

They do impinge on any back seat passengers you might have. But I rarely have back seat passengers anyway. So it's no biggy.

We have just one son. Who's 19. And he sits behind his mother. She's short. But I put them on the passenger side too. Just so if your going with one other person. They can stretch out and nap if they wanted to. Plus my son is over 6'3". So he has leg room if it's just us too.

Looks like a good, cheap alternative to buying a seat lift.

However, another cheap way to achieve the same goal, potentially in a comfier way, is to just buy a seat cushion (as long as you get one thick enough to actually raise you up a bit). I bought one years ago and it's worn to shit, but still comfy as can be.

Not what I have, but an example of a cheap one on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P9PFT5R/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I suppose a fancier person could even get one with a heater built in.
Is the BMW seat raised such that it wouldn’t need these lift modifications?

Don’t see why it wouldn’t work except for the small actual amount of contact between the bed, tubing and seat frame. It might move in a hard stop. I made 1x1.5 inch spacers out of my rubber bumpers from my front bumper after i sawzawed them off. Was a little tricky cutting it with my table saw but I thankfully still have all my fingers. The legroom feels much better with the seat raised.

except for the small actual amount of contact

not sure what you mean by this. The square tube would be open on the sides (or front and back) not top and bottom, so it would be a 2 inch square which is at least as much as most of the kits being sold.

Reactions: Zorba
I think he was referring to the tube openings being on the top and bottom.

man, at 6'7" i am looking for more Leg room in a 05 TJL. maybe an inch of space in JUST the front will help.

Chris

Are used four hockey pucks with some longer bolts
'Tard.
1610161265438.png

Reactions: Add!ct!on and Lou
man, at 6'7" i am looking for more Leg room in a 05 TJL. maybe an inch of space in JUST the front will help.

Chris
If you want more leg room. Get some misch big boy brackets. You will get 4 extra inches rearward in your seat. Im 6'3". I could not drive my Jeep without them.

If you want more leg room. Get some misch big boy brackets. You will get 4 extra inches rearward in your seat. Im 6'3". I could not drive my Jeep without them.
I think there is always something else that needs to be added into these discussions. I'm 6'-3" tall with a 34" inseam. I drive all TJ's with the seat slightly forward of all the way back. ;)

Reactions: verf and Lou
I think there is always something else that needs to be added into these discussions. I'm 6'-3" tall with a 34" inseam. I drive all TJ's with the seat slightly forward of all the way back. ;)
I must have long legs. Its very uncomfortable without the big boy brackets. Its the best money ive spent on my tj thus far. Id never owned a tj before this. And when i first got in i thought damn. Am i going to be able to handle this? Meaning how close my knees were to the dash. Not to mention how close i was to the steering wheel.

I’ve had tJs before, but I was younger and more tolerant of being uncomfortable, 36” inseam here. So the big boys might be mint for me.

I need to get this done (risers). I'm 4 foot, 24 inches tall, long in the torso but short in the legs for my height (which is perfect for my chosen dance form!). I'd like to be able to see the fenders when driving - as I already have a ton of space above my head, I think a seat riser would be nice. I can always remove it if I don't like it. But I also sit pretty far forward in any/all vehicles, I don't like driving with my legs extended out in front of me. I still don't know if I want to buy (lazy) or build (cheap).

Well, either you or someone you know fairly well buys your pants for you, what length is the inseam?
Im about the same as you. 6'3" and 34 to 36 inseam. Depending on the pants. So probably 35. I just felt super close to the steering wheel and dash. I just feel much more comfortable a couple more inches back. Plus ive had three back surgeries and have two artificial (metal) disc replacements in my lumbar. So that has alot to do with it too.

On a side note. I have this running battle with my 20 yr old son. As to who's the tallest. He is maybe a half inch taller than me. But i will never admit it. Lol. One time the doctor listed my height as 6'4". So ive always chided him about being shorter than his old man.

A few months ago dmv screwed my license renewal. And i had to go in to the local dmv. While there they asked me to list my height and weight. So i put down 6'4". A few weeks later my license arrived listing my height as 6'4". I couldnt wait to show him my "official height according to the state of California"!!! Lmao!. I'll never admit he is taller. Lol. This has to be the longest wait for a good joke. And the longest running joke in our family. As i will go to my death bed as 6'4"! Lmao! 🤣😂🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: MountaineerTom