Clearance Issues

jpdido2

I recently installed a HP Dana 30 that I built. The issue I’m having is the atrec truss is making contact the the frame side track bar mount. I just purchased a barns 4WD relocation bracket. Hoping it will help. Has anyone had this issue?

5B7DD865-A1B5-40AB-9EEB-3A77A985EC18.jpeg

I’ve heard this is pretty common with Artec trusses. Typically that’s why it’s a good idea to tack it in first and cycle everything several times to inspect for clearances rather than booger weld it in first and check later.

I recently installed a HP Dana 30 that I built. The issue I’m having is the atrec truss is making contact the the frame side track bar mount. I just purchased a barns 4WD relocation bracket. Hoping it will help. Has anyone had this issue?

View attachment 336377

Why do you need a truss? I can’t see your build. It helps us if you fill out your profile information.

View attachment 336377

You have the axle too far forward, pull it back some.

You have the axle too far forward, pull it back some.

I was going to ask if it was pushed forward. I think it’s probably very build specific, but how much can a Dana 30 generally be moved forward with stock-ish steering and stock track bar mount locations before clearance issues require big mods? I’m dialing in new double adjustable control arms and wondering if there are any gains to be had or not really.

I was going to ask if it was pushed forward. I think it’s probably very build specific, but how much can a Dana 30 generally be moved forward with stock-ish steering and stock track bar mount locations before clearance issues require big mods? I’m dialing in new double adjustable control arms and wondering if there are any gains to be had or not really.

Till something hits or you don’t have enough thread engagement in the arms or your bumpstops don’t line up.

It can’t really be moved forward at all. Once you adjust pinion angle there isn’t room to move it forward. Most cases it has to go back some.

Reactions: Woodrow

It goes where it fits. If it doesn't fit, you need to change something make it fit.

Reactions: psrivats

I have no idea what that number is. Nor do I care. All I know is if it hits at full stuff because it is pushed too far forward, change it until that stops.

Till something hits or you don’t have enough thread engagement in the arms or your bumpstops don’t line up.

@jjvw: It goes where it fits. If it doesn't fit, you need to change something make it fit.

@mrblaine: I have no idea what that number is. Nor do I care. All I know is if it hits at full stuff because it is pushed too far forward, change it until that stops.
Thanks, guys. I’ve been on here long enough to know that 🙄. I was hoping for someone with more experience to chime in with either yes, it’s often possible to adjust the axle a little more forward or no, it’s usually maxed out at stock LCA length without significant other changes.

@Gollywomper: It can’t really be moved forward at all. Once you adjust pinion angle there isn’t room to move it forward. Most cases it has to go back some
👍I still need to bring my caster back as much as my front drive lines will allow. But based on your comment, for now I’ll leave the lower lengths where they were before the adjustable arms. I’ve cycled the suspension with the old arms and had no interference. At some point, of course, I will pull the springs and cycle it again to play around with optimization but it’s always hard to find Jeep time so Thank You for helping me prioritize.