Code P0562 low voltage / tranny shifting issues

Thanks for Thanks photo JP98 and clarification Frank. I have located the TCM. I also located a trans relay in the fuse/relay panel just in front of the battery. Is this the tranny relay I have heard others talking about either staying open or closed?

IMG_3344.JPG
IMG_3346.JPG
IMG_3347.JPG

What is this about the tranny relay staying open or closed? Take that relay out and smell it. Often times if they're bad they'll smell (or look) burnt. Probably not the case, but just worth checking anyways.

I'm not an electrical guy either, but I'm sure there's a simple way to test a relay if you Google "how to test a relay".

Never tried the relay, everything in my case pointed to the ECM. Would be nice if it were that simple.. Good luck. I sent it off to a company in florida to be rebuilt but they checked it out and the processor was toast so non rebuildable. checked the numbers on the ECM and could only find one and it was from a company in New York. Hope your luck is better.

I wouldn't think it was a relay because it happens then clears up when the code is cleared. A relay goes bad it will normally stick open or closed not work then start working again. But you could always swap it with another relay in the box and give it a try.

Thanks all. One of the three codes was P0891 "TCM Power Relay Sense Circuit High", I was thinking this might be that relay. If so, change it out when changing the TCM.

Work has gotten in the way of me pursuing this problem any longer. I found a local mechanic who specializes in Jeeps. The Rubi is on it's way to being whole again. I will post up once the fix is in place. Thanks again for all of your help.

Jamie
IMG_3354.JPG

Thank you. I guess you have to expect these types of things every now and again on an older vehicle. I just want to make sure it will get my son from A to B safely with a little fun riding in between.

Jamie

Reactions: JP98