Coilover Rates

You don't know what you are talking about. I can set the ride height with a 150lb spring as easily as will a 300lb spring. I'm asking what other guys are running. Not why. I'll figure out the spring combo and valving for MY Jeep using the resources that I have. I was just curious what others came up with. Its really not that hard of an ask.
You can ONLY set the ride height with those vastly different springs but you can't get the rest of it done, you'll be in coil bind or lose the lower cup at some point. That and you will highly fuck up the pre-load.

You can ONLY set the ride height with those vastly different springs but you can't get the rest of it done, you'll be in coil bind or lose the lower cup at some point. That and you will highly fuck up the pre-load.
Yep, that’s exactly right. Which is why I said what I said. I’m not just looking to set ride height.

Enlighten me then. What did I say? I thought that I said that I can set the ride height with any combination of springs. Nothing else. And the only thing that I asked originally is what other folks are running. I’m not looking for coilover education, although I appreciate you taking the time to give it to me regardless.

Enlighten me then. What did I say? I thought that I said that I can set the ride height with any combination of springs. Nothing else. And the only thing that I asked originally is what other folks are running. I’m not looking for coilover education, although I appreciate you taking the time to give it to me regardless.
You did say that you can set ride height with a 150 or a 300. That is true but you did not qualify it at that point with how fucked up that would be. Are you not able to see what you wrote and read it back to yourself?

Also, this entire thread is fucked up. You keep saying you don't need any more knowledge about how to do this and set shit up. If that is true, then you also know how fucking stupid anyone else's spring info is since it will very likely not apply and if it does apply then you already have those springs and don't need to know what anyone else is running.

Reactions: rasband
I didn’t feel like I needed to qualify my statement because I was responding to a post saying that all I wanted was to set ride height, which is not accurate. I was simply demonstrating how absurd that comment was.

I didn’t feel like I needed to qualify my statement because I was responding to a post saying that all I wanted was to set ride height, which is not accurate. I was simply demonstrating how absurd that comment was.
Start a thread asking what angle everyone adjusts their rear view mirrors to.

Also, this entire thread is fucked up. You keep saying you don't need any more knowledge about how to do this and set shit up. If that is true, then you also know how fucking stupid anyone else's spring info is since it will very likely not apply and if it does apply then you already have those springs and don't need to know what anyone else is running.
I agree 100%. I didn’t ask anyone to school me to fix my problem. I was just looking to see what others have done. Which I should have known better than to ask on here. I called a few friends and they all were more that willing to let me know what springs they ended up with.

I agree 100%. I didn’t ask anyone to school me to fix my problem. I was just looking to see what others have done. Which I should have known better than to ask on here. I called a few friends and they all were more that willing to let me know what springs they ended up with.
Did they all have the same or different springs?

This WHOLE thing is LAME...

Why can't we all just share information? People come and ask about doing a Dodge V-8 swap so I try to share all the knowledge that I have. I'm not an expert on anything other than pissing off some which I'm really good at.
Shit I'm not an expert on the V-8 swaps but I share what I do know.

So why is it so hard to do? Yes I know om some subjects we get 100 questions a week and it gets old trying to answer them. But for other things it isn't discussed every week or even every month. So what stops others from sharing?

I really thought that this was the whole reason for this web site and when I joined it that did seem to be the purpose of 90% of the members but in the past 12 months it's turned into more of a semi-Pirate bitch fest instead.

Why can't we all just share information? People come and ask about doing a Dodge V-8 swap so I try to share all the knowledge that I have. I'm not an expert on anything other than pissing off some which I'm really good at.

So why is it so hard to do? Yes I know om some subjects we get 100 questions a week and it gets old trying to answer them. But for other things it isn't discussed every week or even every month. So what stops others from sharing?

I really thought that this was the whole reason for this web site and when I joined it that did seem to be the purpose of 90% of the members but in the past 12 months it's turned into more of a semi-Pirate bitch fest instead.
What good does the spring rate information provide? This is no different than the spring rate somehow equates to ride quality threads. The specific rates don't matter. What matters is establishing the ride height and the spring travel. Knowing how to achieve those is what this thread I is really about. And that can be discussed without ever mentioning a spring rate.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Farmergreg
What good does the spring rate information provide? This is no different than the spring rate somehow equates to ride quality threads. The specific rates don't matter. What matters is establishing the ride height and the spring travel. Knowing how to achieve those is what this thread I is really about. And that can be discussed without ever mentioning a spring rate.

I don't know enough about CO's to comment on that other than reading people's comments about how they had to go thru a few iterations of upper and lower springs before they finally found a combo that would work for them.
So IMO sharing that info might be useful. But I'm no expert so I could be wrong.

Reactions: Rick Flair

Amen. Based on what I have been reading, this site is a Savvy selling tool, with a few die-hard disciples that will go to great lengths to explain to anyone that will listed that anything else or any creative solutions and/or opinions are garbage.

but I keep coming back because there are good nuggets of information on here and I love to talk about wheeling. That being said, I have never really received any good feedback except through PM’s from folks that would prefer not to alienate the moderators 😉

Amen. Based on what I have been reading, this site is a Savvy selling tool, with a few die-hard disciples that will go to great lengths to explain to anyone that will listed that anything else or any creative solutions and/or opinions are garbage.

but I keep coming back because there are good nuggets of information on here and I love to talk about wheeling. That being said, I have never really received any good feedback except through PM’s from folks that would prefer not to alienate the moderators 😉

Well this moderator doesn't give a FLYIN FUCK about any of that shit. You and I have talked in PM but not cause I was worried about pissin anyone off. I'm already done that to a few and I really couldn't care one bit.

I'd just like to see this go back to being a GREAT site where information and ideas were shared with no regard to who manufactured the products. And yep the only reason I'm here is to talk about wheeling and sharing ideas with those who don't have their noses in the air so high they can't see us little people anymore.

I'll most likely NEVER need the information on which springs to use in a collover as I doubt I'll ever install them on my TJ but I still like to read what others have done and came up with.
Maybe @NashvilleTJ can comment when he has time. I know he's on vacation right now. Also @B00mb00m has CO's maybe he can share what he used?
Your other option is to hit up Pirate since there are a LOT MORE people there who have CO's on their rigs.

I’ve been on this board before….that would be a 30 page long thread including comments on how they adjust the angle in order to provide maximum view ability for their patented Jeep Wave 😂
So the info has exactly the same relevance as knowing what springs are used on coil-overs that are built completely different than yours then since few folks have the same seat height, the same seat back angle, the same amount of fat on their asses, and are the same height from the waist to their eyes. Got it.