Coilover Rates

In my best Pacino voice: "Every time I think I'm out - they pull me back in!"

:)

I have no problem sharing my numbers. 250/250 in the front, and 300/350 in the rear.

But, as others have stated - it's worthless information to anyone but me.

@Rock Toy - you seem a bit irritated. Without any context, please tell me how this information is useful?

Jeff

So the info has exactly the same relevance as knowing what springs are used on coil-overs that are built completely different than yours then since few folks have the same seat height, the same seat back angle, the same amount of fat on their asses, and are the same height from the waist to their eyes. Got it.
My fiancé is 8” shorter than me. Every time I get in to drive after her, without moving the seat, I have to tilt the mirror down to see out the back. I haven’t been able to figure it out.

So the info has exactly the same relevance as knowing what springs are used on coil-overs that are built completely different than yours then since few folks have the same seat height, the same seat back angle, the same amount of fat on their asses, and are the same height from the waist to their eyes. Got it.

You need a beer. Step away from the keyboard and chill out a bit. We're not making any progress here. I'll stop asking "stupid" questions.

I have no problem sharing my numbers. 250/250 in the front, and 300/350 in the rear.

@Rock Toy - you seem a bit irritated. Without any context, please tell me how this information is useful?

Jeff
Even with the rates, the info is still useless since we don't know preload, shaft at ride height, and spring lengths. On the surface (and just barely) though, unless you fat fingered a number, that is one rear heavy rig. That is about 2 x the combined rate of most rigs.

Jeff
Well thanks for sharing. That's all that I was asking for. And as far as it being useful for me, its not THAT useful at all but does tell me that I'm running springs on the lighter end of the spectrum at 150/200 in the back. I'm guessing that you are on the other end but your Jeep is long and most likely pretty heavy.

And I'm irritated because every time I come on here to ask a pointed question, I can never get a basic answer.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
You need a beer. Step away from the keyboard and chill out a bit. We're not making any progress here. I'll stop asking "stupid" questions.
The relevant question would be the combined rate and ride height shaft showing for total travel. ;) That is reasonably useful info for discussion because it tells you what someone's thought processes are for how they build something.

Reactions: Apparition
Well thanks for sharing. That's all that I was asking for. And as far as it being useful for me, its not THAT useful at all but does tell me that I'm running springs on the lighter end of the spectrum at 150/200 in the back. I'm guessing that you are on the other end but your Jeep is long and most likely pretty heavy.

And I'm irritated because every time I come on here to ask a pointed question, I can never get a basic answer.
If you were running a 6" travel coil over, that would not be very light.

Reactions: Apparition
And I'm irritated because every time I come on here to ask a pointed question
You can't change what other people do. You can only change how you react to them. Your irritation comes from within. Once you accept that, your life will improve greatly.

Just because pictures make all threads better 😉

A44E2F30-637E-4715-B8C0-3A6CFDD5581D.jpeg

D8E549A0-C6C9-49CC-AA7A-9AB306545757.jpeg

I would have totally given you spring rate if I had any. But I'm on standard coils with all the other plebs
Probably because it doesn’t matter to the extent people want it to. There’s an impact, but not one that’s really all that relevant or useful or noticeable.

Reactions: kmas0n
You don't know what you are talking about. I can set the ride height with a 150lb spring as easily as will a 300lb spring. I'm asking what other guys are running. Not why. I'll figure out the spring combo and valving for MY Jeep using the resources that I have. I was just curious what others came up with. Its really not that hard of an ask.
To expand on Blaine's comment, you want to aim for 1-1.5" of preload.

Even with the rates, the info is still useless since we don't know preload, shaft at ride height, and spring lengths. On the surface (and just barely) though, unless you fat fingered a number, that is one rear heavy rig. That is about 2 x the combined rate of most rigs.
Quite a bit higher than my fronts too. @Nashville is the Hemi an iron block? Steel front fenders too?