Contrasting top colors (not black)

...not to mention a white hardtop would easily show even small amounts of dirt.

....The black is hotter than hell and always looks dusty and dirty.

I'm only referencing the cars I've seen and/or owned at some time in my life.

White and black are two ends of the "I need to wash my car" syndrome. White cars show every bit of dark colored dirt no matter what it is while black cars show every bit of light colored dirt no matter what that is. If the black car is waxed up and shiny it shows dirt even worse.

My TJR is the fourth silver vehicle my wife and I have bought used. We didn't buy any of them because we're a fan of silver cars, I didn't even want another but they each just happened to be in the best condition at the best price at the time. Anyway I did find out early that silver cars tend to let quite a bit of dirt blend in pretty well.

This picture (of my current avatar in case I change it) shows the dried mud half way up the black grille clearly stands out while even the darker wet mud is obvious on the black bumper.
IMG_20200502_181344980_HDR.jpg

Obviously the wet darker mud on the door stood out when wet but here's the Jeep when I got home. The mud is blending in much better on the silver than anything black.
IMG_20200503_125025056_HDR.jpg

Now I'm wondering if anyone has a picture of a TJ with a silver hard top or does that sound more like a Suzuki thing?

Reactions: reddvltj
My Jeep was originally a white hardtop on white. I liked that look even without being at the color-matched fenders trim. Then I wanted a soft-top. And, as you can imagine, a white soft top seems rare. So I did black, even though my interior is spice. I just thought black and white looked better. And I can say that the opposite of white hardtop on a black jeep also looks good to me.

img_1022_18319680419_o.jpg

24206197030_75660bf1c2_o.jpg

Yeah, if I would have double checked the thread I would have noticed that was posted some time between me starting my reply and actually posting it.

I'd like to claim "lesson learned" but I don't think that was the first time and I know I'll do it again.

And now that I'm thinking about it I don't think I ever saw a Suzuki with removable hard top in person. I know they existed but any that I saw had the top was part of the vehicle.

Similar to that Jeep, silver but not contrasting.
suzuki.jpg

Maybe that top does come off and I'm picturing this instead
1998_Suzuki_Vitara_(SV420G_Type5)_JLX_hardtop_(22714380054).jpg

Reactions: chili_pepper
Yeah, if I would have double checked the thread I would have noticed that was posted some time between me starting my reply and actually posting it.

I'd like to claim "lesson learned" but I don't think that was the first time and I know I'll do it again.

It happens. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. :D

And now that I'm thinking about it I don't think I ever saw a Suzuki with removable hard top in person.

I don't recall every seeing any Samurai's with hard tops, I thought they all came with soft tops only. That said, I only recall seeing a handful of them in total. They didn't seem to be popular in the area I lived.

I always thought they were kind of funky and quite like the look of that one with the hard top (but I'm not giving up the LJ for one). ;)