Costco gas stations

Sorry but if you are too stupid to pull around the car at the back to fill up at the open pump in front it's your fault. You can wait for that last spot to open up all day and if there is room I'm pulling into the open spot.

I have never in all my driving years seen someone cut off two people in line that aren't even up to the pump yet. Maybe they don't want to squeeze by the one person pumping and figure a minute or two isn't the end of the world. I wouldn't let the person by if I was in line and would nose out, but if I was first up, and there is room I would pull around as long as the guy still pumping had plenty of room. That crap isn't going to fly in Pittsburgh if you are two cars back, but some areas are just super aggressive and not very nice to live in and I get that. My advice is don't try that around here.

Also, how are you getting by if there are cars in the next lane? Motorcycle perhaps? My guess it was an elderly woman that the OP kid pulled around and didn't have enough patience to wait for her as she was probably worried she could squeeze through there. Looking that this picture I don't know how you squeezed in there?? I think we aren't really getting the real story.

1578533271218.png

Last edited:
I have never in all my driving years seen someone cut off two people in line that aren't even up to the pump yet. Maybe they don't want to squeeze by the one person pumping and figure a minute or two isn't the end of the world. I wouldn't let the person by if I was in line and would nose out, but if I was first up, and there is room I would pull around as long as the guy still pumping had plenty of room. That crap isn't going to fly in Pittsburgh if you are two cars back, but some areas are just super aggressive and not very nice to live in and I get that. My advice is don't try that around here.

Also, how are you getting by if there are cars in the next lane? Motorcycle perhaps? My guess it was an elderly woman that the OP kid pulled around and didn't have enough patience to wait for her as she was probably worried she could squeeze through there. Looking that this picture I don't know how you squeezed in there?? I think we aren't really getting the real story.

View attachment 133219
my costco has basically a third lane down the middle so there is plenty of room to go around people filling up on either side. Can't say all do looks like the pic you posted is more narrow. I would have a problem with people staring at 2 open spots.

Reactions: xxdabroxx
squeeze through there. Looking that this picture I don't know how you squeezed in there?? I think we aren't really getting the real story.

The pic I grabbed off of google. It's not mine, if you look closer you’ll find that the plate is a California plate, and the frame says Palo Alto, which is in California. My Costco has a wide lane in the middle, probably just like the layout that @cliffish is talking about. It’s pretty easy to pull around other cars. I understand your side of the argument though.

I used the picture to show that filling your car up like that is dangerous. Yes, the costco gas pumps are made to be compatible on both sides, but this woman is only holding the pump with one hand. If people aren't careful the pump could slip out and cause a pretty big mess (which I have also witnessed before).

Last edited:
Reactions: cliffish
The pic I grabbed off of google. It's not mine, if you look closer you’ll find that the plate is a California plate, and the frame says Palo Alto, which is in California. My Costco has a wide lane in the middle, probably just like the layout that @cliffish is talking about. It’s pretty easy to pull around other cars. I understand your side of the argument though.

I used the picture to show that filling your car up like that is dangerous. Yes, the costco gas pumps are made to be compatible on both sides, but this woman is only holding the pump with one hand. If people aren't careful the pump could slip out and cause a pretty big mess (which I have also witnessed before).
yeah, i won't pull the fill to the other side either. I will pull up to the correct side every time to fill up all my cars in the household.

Reactions: 4 banger TJ