CrawlTek highlines

Reactions: psrivats
Really clean/trick brackets going on in these pictures. I really like the marker light in the inner fender, and the countersunk Philips in the grille. Very nice.

Are the mesh screens standard or something you added?

The supplied versions are perforated aluminum sheet that the owner disliked so we made the new ones.

The supplied versions are perforated aluminum sheet that the owner disliked so we made the new ones.

The new ones look much nicer than the laser perforated sheet. Have you ever built similar for the front defrost trim that tends to get brittle over time?

The new ones look much nicer than the laser perforated sheet. Have you ever built similar for the front defrost trim that tends to get brittle over time?

Many times. It isn't that it gets brittle, they changed the design in around 03 or so and eliminated the reinforcement around the opening. I'll see if I can dig up a couple for comparison pics.

Reactions: psrivats
Very nice, of course, do you have a brake?
Just a very light duty Harbor Freight special or equivalent. It barely bends 6" width .090 5000 series aluminum. Any more and the blades bow and give you a 90 degree bend at both ends and 85ish in the middle.
And how do you cut your aluminum?
Grinder, jig saw, circular saw, tin snips, and a small air saw. Mostly the grinder with aluminum cut off discs and the jigsaw with aluminum specific blades.

anyone have experiance with crawltek stretch corners and mini boatsides. I am in need of some corners and sliders.

I guess they are technically mini-boatsides, but not in the way the GR are.

Crawltek:

1711653555235.png

GR:

1711653623958.png

Reactions: P man
The Crawltech ones are just normal sliders with an enormous ramped rub rail that extends down to cover up the body mounts.

They are very different from what these are.
image000001.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: psrivats and Mike_H
The crawlteks kinda remind me of the JCR. It looks like a boatside, unless you actually know what you're looking for. These make for a nice pivot point, but I'm under no illusion that they gained me any extra clearance under the tub.

1711713366608.png

Well that answers that, guess I'll look at the work required to just extend my savvy sliders as they do work well. any thoughts on crawltechs stretch corners vs genright, nemisis

thanks