CrawlTek highlines

They are not heavy, at all. Not much there.

Is there any real-world advantage to using this fender on a jeep that's staying on 35s? Other than the obvious fact that they look good, what if, any benefits are there compared to like a genright or nemesis Highline which are about half the weight?

Is there any real-world advantage to using this fender on a jeep that's staying on 35s? Other than the obvious fact that they look good, what if, any benefits are there compared to like a genright or nemesis Highline which are about half the weight?

35s set up right (uptravel with what seems to be right at 2in extended bump stop) can use the benefit of the added clearance from a highline. It won’t use all the space that it offers but both up and back space from the highlines can be useful when really setting up the suspension up especially when doing outboards and an 11-12in shock up front. Not exactly needed as I know a few people on this forum who are running a 12in shock up front with 35s and shock height fender but they’ve done some work to make them fit. I would also love to hear more experienced guys give their ideas on different designs on highlines such as genright, poison spider, and Motobilt.

It sucks to live in a state where the tread has to be covered. Any fender I choose has to have 6" of coverage

Can’t you use a mud flap to get the coverage needed for the law but have them detachable for the trail? I’ve heard of that a lot but I don’t see it.

35s set up right (uptravel with what seems to be right at 2in extended bump stop) can use the benefit of the added clearance from a highline. It won’t use all the space that it offers but both up and back space from the highlines can be useful when really setting up the suspension up especially when doing outboards and an 11-12in shock up front. Not exactly needed as I know a few people on this forum who are running a 12in shock up front with 35s and shock height fender but they’ve done some work to make them fit. I would also love to hear more experienced guys give their ideas on different designs on highlines such as genright, poison spider, and Motobilt.

I have the Poison spyder Highlines, They are heavy as a pig but I don't think I've ever even come close to the back wall on them, they are fairly standard Highline design that pushes the back wall back. I.E why I was wondering if it was worth it for the guys on 35's because the round wheel opening makes it easier for like the 37in and 40in group of guys. I wasn't talking necessarily about the clearance gained from highlines, that one is pretty obvious, what I'm curious about is if this style is more beneficial for the pretty standard group over other highlines.

Reactions: The4bangertj
Mud Flap Bracket.jpg

Mud Flaps 2.jpg

That’s way more simples than I was expecting. If that keeps the cops away that seems like a great solution for someone that’s really wheeling it hard.

Does this pass inspection? This seems like a really good idea and as simple as those are, it’s probably pretty cheap too.

When I go to 0in flares I will probably do something very similar front and rear. Boise Police Department isn't terrible on fender coverage but there is one Idaho State Police trooper that has a personal vendetta against tire coverage, mind you he's crazy enough about it that he'll ticket you for no mud flaps even if you have full tire coverage so its kinda a losing game when it comes to him XD

That’s way more simples than I was expecting. If that keeps the cops away that seems like a great solution for someone that’s really wheeling it hard.

Does this pass inspection? This seems like a really good idea and as simple as those are, it’s probably pretty cheap too.

Do yall have inspection in Rexburg?

Do yall have inspection in Rexburg?

We do not thankfully but I’ve always just been curious as I don’t know where I’ll end up in life so I’ve always tried to keep my jeep able to pass inspection so if I spend over a grand on some genright highlines I wouldn’t have to buy another 6in flare set later if I happens to move to a place that did have inspection.

Reactions: Blake Stamper

I lived in California then and there were no vehicle inspections, only smog tests. They kept the cops and Highway Patrol from pulling me over so they were good enough for my needs. I'd expect they'd allow you to pass your inspection so long as the inspector wasn't a complete jerk.

I lived in California then and there were no vehicle inspections, only smog tests. They kept the cops and Highway Patrol from pulling me over so they were good enough for my needs. I'd expect they'd allow you to pass your inspection so long as the inspector wasn't a complete jerk.

Do you think the fronts would be a good idea as well or just the rear is all one really needs?

35s can most often fit under stock front fenders with 11" travel shocks that are split 50/50 at ride height with the typical 4" spring/1.25" body lifts. At that point, the fender concerns are typically about the physical space the Jeep occupies on the trail and less about making a tire fit.

Reactions: The4bangertj