Critique my tool list

so how noisy is that tank/pump right there? you mentioned you could hear it.
you think if it were totally enclosed it might muffle it? or would it require some kind of insulation?

Reactions: DrDmoney
so how noisy is that tank/pump right there? you mentioned you could hear it.
you think if it were totally enclosed it might muffle it? or would it require some kind of insulation?

It's bad. I bought a few types of sound deadening to silence it. Keeping more fuel in the tank helps too.

I recently got a TJ SE and am starting to put together my ToGo kit. With respect to wrenchs and sockets, l see on these Forums that many carry both standard and metric, in regular and deep lengths.

Because my Jeep is mostly stock do I really need to pack standard and metric tools? If so, what would be acceptable size ranges?

Reality check.
If you don't know what sizes you need, then you probably don't work on your vehicle regularly. So ask yourself what things you really think you would be able to fix on the trail and pack accordingly.

Reality check.
If you don't know what sizes you need, then you probably don't work on your vehicle regularly. So ask yourself what things you really think you would be able to fix on the trail and pack accordingly.
Uhh... maybe you missed the “I recently got....” part. As a point of information, this a my first Jeep. I’ve had GeoPeckers, Pitfinders, Land Bruisers, and a lifetime of old pickup trucks.
Thank you for the enlightening response

That's why my toolbox is so heavy! I haven't gone through to remove the sizes that I'll never need because I keep needing different ones with each new project.
Not to mention, 1/2 the time i break out the tools its for someone else's rig. Also, for me i transfer the tools to my truck when I'm going on a non-jeep trip so I'd prefer to carry complete sets.

Don't think I saw it mentioned, but maybe some spare shock bolt spacers? I'm always losing those things lol

Did anyone mention caps for the PSC ram and plugs for the PSC steering gear? I realized I should carry those in case of a ripped line / failed ram.

Last summer I made an insurance claim for a stolen watch, they wanted a picture of me wearing it.

On that note I laid out ALL my tools and photoed everything. If someone stole my trailer there is no way I could list everything. This photo record will definitely ease the pain of a claim.

These are my winching accessories
View attachment 129483

And Misc Shit always in the Jeep.... even a dog lease lol
View attachment 129484

This tool box is too big with too much stuff but some of the tools are good when overlanding if the trailer needs work or if I need to fix something at my kids homes.
View attachment 129486

Maybe too much but it all fits so... it'll likely not get smaller.
View attachment 129489
My insurance agent told me take a non-stop video of the inside of my home showing things like TV, furniture, and things like remodeled kitchen bathrooms, etc. That way if the house burns down there won't be any issues of expensive items or high end appliances, surround sound speaker systems etc.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Last summer I made an insurance claim for a stolen watch, they wanted a picture of me wearing it.

On that note I laid out ALL my tools and photoed everything. If someone stole my trailer there is no way I could list everything. This photo record will definitely ease the pain of a claim.

These are my winching accessories
View attachment 129483

And Misc Shit always in the Jeep.... even a dog lease lol
View attachment 129484

This tool box is too big with too much stuff but some of the tools are good when overlanding if the trailer needs work or if I need to fix something at my kids homes.
View attachment 129486

Maybe too much but it all fits so... it'll likely not get smaller.
View attachment 129489
LOOKS GOOD TO ME! In-fact that seems to be what I take to the Kids House (short of plumbing box for hot water heaters). But why sooo many shorty screw drivers?