Currie Front Trac Bar: CE-9120TJJ vs CE-9120TJS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another update from RJ. At this very moment, the new track bar end is $182. However, this is because it is still a brand new custom piece without a part number separate from the track bar. The cost should go down after they can get this into their regular parts inventory.

Another update from RJ. At this very moment, the new track bar end is $182. However, this is because it is still a brand new custom piece without a part number separate from the track bar. The cost should go down after they can get this into their regular parts inventory.
With or without a JJ? the regular bushed end is $125 without the bushing.

I ordered TJS and received the old model. Will return it and see if I can get the new version.

• Sad
Reactions: DrDmoney
https://www.rockjock4x4.com/rj-305301-102

05301-102-tjljxjmj-johnny-joint-front-trac-bar-end.jpg

If the new one looks like this, what did the old axle side end look like?

LOL, that is a serious flag nut there. The source that from the spare parts bin off a 747?
It was pretty nice, it sits up inside the axle side housing instead of sticking out. Made things easy and gained some clearance there.

I was able to send the older version I got back and they shipped me the new one!
my new one replaced a JKS - which is a similar setup to the old currie (clevite + JJish). The new one binds differently and has more movement.

Reactions: Irun
Here it is. Not that I expected to, but I can't tell a difference in how it drives.

20210328_074243.jpg

20210328_074521.jpg

20210328_080713.jpg

My reasons for wanting the JJ is because I had drilled the axle side for a previous track bar. This gets a larger bolt back in there. This won't matter for most, but twice after taking a hard hit, the small bolt in a the larger hole would slip. The larger bolt and the Johnny Joint provides a larger surface area for clamping force to hold the track bar in place within the mount.

Additionally and minorly, I have built in the most travel that is reasonable on a stock front axle. With the Johnny Joint I won't be over rotating the bushing and wearing it out prematurely. Though I really do not know if that was the case with my setup and the bushing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.