Currie Front Trac Bar: CE-9120TJJ vs CE-9120TJS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the TJS and Blaine's bolt and flag nut. I'm hoping the Trak Bar I receive is the updated version. :unsure:

Blaine's ARP bolt is impressive.
I think I am going to put it in a shadow box over my mantle.
There will come a day when I need a high strength 10mm 12point bolt and on that day I will break the glass.

• Haha
Reactions: Tob and DrDmoney
Be careful and do not over torque that flag nut.

This just shows how I don't understand what I am doing.
If you would have asked me, I would have said that it would require a large amount of effort to strip that hefty chunk of metal they call a flag nut. I guess the metal is soft.

I appreciate the advice cause I have a long history of stripping threads and snapping bolts.

Reactions: Jeep 541X
If they send the old machined flag nut out with the new track bars, I'm going to have to get some larger bolts and make some flag nuts. Their old machined one strips very easily.
If they're including the 1/2 axle side bolt, would I still use your 10mm bolt? Given the increase in clamping force, I would think I could.

If they're including the 1/2 axle side bolt, would I still use your 10mm bolt? Given the increase in clamping force, I would think I could.
The 10mm even though it is very high strength won't develop the same clamping force as a 1/2" grade 8. Use the grade 8.

This just shows how I don't understand what I am doing.
If you would have asked me, I would have said that it would require a large amount of effort to strip that hefty chunk of metal they call a flag nut. I guess the metal is soft.

I appreciate the advice cause I have a long history of stripping threads and snapping bolts.
It isn't soft, it just isn't or hasn't been heat treated like a normal hex nut in the higher grades is. Do they give a torque value they want?

The 10mm even though it is very high strength won't develop the same clamping force as a 1/2" grade 8. Use the grade 8.
Ugh, I just ordered the 10mm this morning!

I'm going contact them about just getting the end piece.
I am interested in this end as well @jjvw ... did some snooping on the rock jock site this morning and found the bar with the new end listed... but could not find the end piece listed in parts. The drawing on the website still shows the old bushing but the product picture shows a JJ at the axle end for sure..

Product picture:

1612364175885.png

but the drawing shows:
1612364213269.png

Reactions: jjvw
I am interested in this end as well @jjvw ... did some snooping on the rock jock site this morning and found the bar with the new end listed... but could not find the end piece listed in parts. The drawing on the website still shows the old bushing but the product picture shows a JJ at the axle end for sure..

Product picture:

View attachment 223266

but the drawing shows:
View attachment 223267

Saw that too. And it's funny that their picture of the new bar doesn't match what it really is.

Saw that too. And it's funny that their picture of the new bar doesn't match what it really is.
Not surprised at all. Folks that do websites are good at that. Folks that do parts are good at that. Folks that do parts just want to get parts done, working better and then in the hands of folks that use them. Getting a website set up with all the product minutia so it can be dissected ad infinitum by the arm chair experts on the internet is rarely a top priority.

Reactions: PamH and jjvw
Figures. I just put a RockJock track bar on my front about a month ago. Axle side is definitely not a JJ.
Mine is a few months old as well, I'm not sure the benefit of updating it to the JJ would outweigh the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.