Currie Front Trac Bar: CE-9120TJJ vs CE-9120TJS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I know this is an old thread but I need some assistance.

I ordered the TJS version and I went to install the front track bar only to realize that the stock torx bolt does not go into the end of the new track bar; the bolt is too big..... No where on the instructions does it say to drill that end.. I think I might have been sent the wrong end?

Any ideas guys?
The only thing you have to drill is the frame mount for the trackbar. There should be a 5/8" or so bolt for that. You should not need to drill either joint or the axle side mount.

Last edited:
Exactly why the larger bolt (the one I own) is less desirable.
Do you notice more vibration/discomfort from the different joint with less rubber material? I've got the same decision to make as OP but I have $75 off at northridge and they only offer TJJ, not TJS. Is it correct to conclude that the only downside to the TJJ is the axle side joint?

Do you notice more vibration/discomfort from the different joint with less rubber material? I've got the same decision to make as OP but I have $75 off at northridge and they only offer TJJ, not TJS. Is it correct to conclude that the only downside to the TJJ is the axle side joint?
There is no noticeable difference in the ride comfort at all - the only disadvantage I know of is the bushing has significantly less flex than stock which puts more strain on axle bracket. I’m not sure if that ever makes a difference. Sounds like a good deal from north ridge.

There is no noticeable difference in the ride comfort at all - the only disadvantage I know of is the bushing has significantly less flex than stock which puts more strain on axle bracket. I’m not sure if that ever makes a difference. Sounds like a good deal from north ridge.

Long story short I ordered the TJS from Savvy along with the BMB ARP bolt and flag nut. Well the package arrived today and it looks like they sent the TJJ version.

So now im trying to figure out if i should just run the run the TJJ version. The axle side mount is basically a small johnny joint which i thought was supposed to be superior for the joints ability to flex?

Long story short I ordered the TJS from Savvy along with the BMB ARP bolt and flag nut. Well the package arrived today and it looks like they sent the TJJ version.

So now im trying to figure out if i should just run the run the TJJ version. The axle side mount is basically a small johnny joint which i thought was supposed to be superior for the joints ability to flex?
Picture? I have the TJJ and it is a poly bushing not a Johnny joint.

Neither version has a JJ on the axle side.

Im probably mistaken. Here is a pic.

20210202_222502.jpg

I was digging into ordering a new front Trac Bar and saw this thread. Very useful information here...thanks folks!

Reactions: Jeep 541X
It appears as though they now come with a JJ axle side.
https://www.rockjock4x4.com/CE-9120TJS
Edit: I don't even see the TJJ now as an option, only the TJS.

Interesting. That is a new design that wasn't available a year ago. To put a JJ on the axle side means they found a way to address to keep the bar from flopping around. I would also like to see how the lower joint and bar comes out of the axle mount.

@mrblaine?

Reactions: taylormade73
Is there a difference in the offset improvement between the TJS and TJJ? The TJJ says:

"The all new and improved Johnny Joint trac bar for the TJ/XJ/LJ/MJ features an offset Johnny Joint rod end that puts the bar further forward providing more clearance between the diff and the trac bar."

Is there a difference in the offset improvement between the TJS and TJJ? The TJJ says:

"The all new and improved Johnny Joint trac bar for the TJ/XJ/LJ/MJ features an offset Johnny Joint rod end that puts the bar further forward providing more clearance between the diff and the trac bar."

I think it would have to be. I wonder if this new JJ is compatible with the old bars.

Reactions: taylormade73
I think it would have to be. I wonder if this new JJ is compatible with the old bars.
It figures, I did a bunch of research, ordered the TJS, and now see this! :cautious:

Reactions: Tob
The interesting thing is even the box says TJS. I guess they are still getting rid of the TJS nomenclature.

20210202_214447.jpg

It figures, I did a bunch of research, ordered the TJS, and now see this! :cautious:

I feel your pain. I Ordered the ARP bolt to replace my stock one for use with the TJS system....

Im not sure what the new TJJ bar is supposed to cost but I paid the TJS price on Savvy's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.