Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

How long was the jks Butt Crack on for it to compress or was the compression done with torque of the Butt Crack?

The JKS compressed the same day I installed it 5 years ago. When I removed it a month ago, nothing was loose.

I joined the bent Currie tie rod club today!
20190615_172858.jpg

20190615_172855.jpg

20190615_184901.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: psrivats
I'm not entirely sure how I managed to do this. Several of us were crawling through a rock garden. There was a point where I was stuck on the tie rod while steering side to side to find a way over. That's my best guess.

I'll bend it back at some point.

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
That photo reminds me of the how off chamber before I flip thread a week or so back. Off camber is still the one thing I haven't got used to yet. Were you winching up because you started to slide down?

Great photo.

That photo reminds me of the how off chamber before I flip thread a week or so back. Off camber is still the one thing I haven't got used to yet. Were you winching up because you started to slide down?

Great photo.

I was spinning wheels quite a bit. But mostly I was being cautious with the rear LSD and broken locker.

Reactions: Alex01
I love that photo.

Do you feel anything wonky driving with the bent tie rod?
Didn't notice a thing. The bend is enough to let the tie rod and track bar touch when the suspension compresses. But I only noticed that while going fast off road. I'll need to push the axle forward a hair until I can fix the tie rod. Which leads to a vibe update.

I had the tires balanced a few days ago. The Jeep will do 85mph and is still quite smooth. Since replacing the grill supports, the hood shake is completely gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: psrivats
This is what driving by feel gets me.
Your tires aren't helping much either. As for your water solution. Get 1 5 gallon bladder and secure it on top of the inner fender in the back with a simple lightweight rack, or 2 2.5 gallon versions and put one on each fender. They don't slosh when partially full, fold them up when empty, easy to use on site.

Reactions: strumble8 and jjvw
I'll have to investigate the water bladder. That is a good idea.

The tires are going to change eventually. The next set are likely to be 33s but wider and more aggressive. 35s are most certainly after that.

@jjvw, looks like you got pretty sideways on that climb, not exactly where you want to end up, great looking trails.