Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

In recognition of 100,000 views, here is yet another example of me not following the instructions. :)

As mentioned a couple days ago, I added a nutsert to reconnect this remaining section of the inner fender to the grill. This is lieu of MCE's grill bracket support thing that I don't understand. There is a lot less movement in this area with the added bolt.

20200122_201036.jpg

20200122_200631.jpg

Thanks to everyone who has followed along. I appreciate it!

In recognition of 100,000 views, here is yet another example of me not following the instructions. :)

As mentioned a couple days ago, I added a nutsert to reconnect this remaining section of the inner fender to the grill. This is lieu of MCE's grill bracket support thing that I don't understand. There is a lot less movement in this area with the added bolt.

View attachment 135920

View attachment 135921

Stop being a goober and go get a stainless steel button head for there.

• Haha
Reactions: nathanotis and Hog

View attachment 135920

View attachment 135921

For anyone else following along on that particular fastener, if you noticed, there is a rectangular slot behind the hole in the grill shell. That slot is used on the earlier TJ to slide in an extruded u-nut. There is also a corresponding hole in the fender lip. They deleted the hole in the fender lip and the u-nut around 01 or so.

For anyone else following along on that particular fastener, if you noticed, there is a rectangular slot behind the hole in the grill shell. That slot is used on the earlier TJ to slide in an extruded u-nut. There is also a corresponding hole in the fender lip. They deleted the hole in the fender lip and the u-nut around 01 or so.

I found that slot after I started drilling. Fortunately I got lucky enough twice to still have the nutsert grab securely.

Regarding your backspacing/clearance issues with 35” tires - have you considered 35x10.5r17s? Kenda makes an R/T (in between a AT and MT) they are my next set so I can run maximum backspacing and still clear outboard towers. Load range D so not perfect but only like $160 a tire.

00F9BB87-D730-4CBA-ADA4-9DEDFD15A4EB.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Regarding your backspacing/clearance issues with 35” tires - have you considered 35x10.5r17s? Kenda makes an R/T (in between a AT and MT) they are my next set so I can run maximum backspacing and still clear outboard towers. Load range D so not perfect but only like $160 a tire.

View attachment 137531

I'm pretty certain on a 12.5" and doing whatever is needed to make them fit.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat