Dashcam recommendations?

Spaztrick

After my little rollover adventure this summer, I am thinking about getting a dashcam. I have been interested in one for a while but only just recently started researching them. I would like to have one for the obvious reason of recording events surrounding an accident or incident involving other drivers, but I would also like to have one to record off-road hijinks and shenanigans when playing sans pavement. Anybody have any experiences/recommendations with aftermarket devices?
Thank you to all the veterans out there!! Happy Veterans Day

What about this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DGS11CM/?tag=wranglerorg-20

It's got a forward facing camera that records everything (like a dash cam), and it's got a rear facing camera for backing up.

I could see something like this being very helpful for Jeep owners!

Here's a hands on review:

I'm strongly considering this because I would like both a dash cam and a backup camera.

Reactions: Spaztrick
I just installed one on my tj today, I’ve been wanting to get one for a while my visibility out the back with the extra furl tank is really bad. Also, my son got into a little under 5mph rear end collision in his car that is now claiming injuries although there is really no damage, the insurance companies are lazy now days you need to protect yourself you can’t trust anyone hardly.

https://www.amazon.com/Stream-Reversing-Rearview-Sensor1080P-Recorde/dp/B07BVYHHQM/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1542525307&sr=8-16&keywords=Mirror+cam67949C53-D5D2-45E6-B344-65A1F3B887B6.jpegC52CA067-AC61-4528-9FB5-ABECF3C7C3E3.jpegA936112D-474B-458A-B507-4A2D0D656818.png

So I got this one off amazon, it was on the higher priced end at $189 but came with an OEM style mount. I couldn’t see any way my existing mirror supporting 1+ #’s hanging on it and staying in place, so I avoided the rubber band mount units. Has a terrible manual but instillation is basic 12v w/relay wiring, it takes a little time running the wires but not bad overall. I mounted the rear cam on my right tail light and ran the wires to the left side rear access and over the roll bar, the power came in through the drivers side firewall wiring gromit and switched power from behind the glove box.
Big 10” display, Camera quality is great, rear night get some headlight glare as expected but big improvement over no visibility I that I had. The manual is almost worthless but it’s not exactly that complicated, just be sure the memory card is 32g micro sd that has the best trouble free performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spaztrick
How are you all liking the dashcam you chose? I am considering this one https://owlcam.com/ as it can send messages like a home security camera does. Of course it is not cheap with the $350 upfront cost and $99/yr subscription (4G LTE) in order to get notifications. They even replace the camera for free if u provide the video when it is stolen.