Derlin door hinge bushings

Viking Jeeper

2A Supporter
Supporting Member
The doors on my 2005 Tj come right off and operate smoothly but I'm wondering if I should replace with the Quadratec delrin bushings as more of a preventative means. if I replace now the old ones might come out easier than if I wait a few years when they may "need" to be replace. Who has installed the Quadratec bushings? Would you do it again?

The Quadratec link:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...-hinge-bushings-94-06-jeep-wrangler-yj-and-tj
my current bushings:

By the way I highly recommend these for re-installing doors. Makes it so much easier.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079SW4883/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I need to replace mine, and will be going with the Delrin ones from TMR. Even if yours are good, it won't hurt to put some Delrin ones in.

I bought them and they are sitting in a box till spring. They are full length as well.

I will replace them and paint the hinges and my Jeep will look great again.

I used bronze bushings I got from Motion Industries. Way tougher than even Delrin. Maybe I'll have time this weekend to do a quick write-up.

I used delrin several years ago when my hinge bushings became zombified; the results were so-so. They're smoother, but they've begun to wear faster than I would like. I considered having a bronze set made to remedy the premature wear, but if you know of an off-the-shelf part option that will work, I'd like to hear about it.

I just started installing some Kentrol Delrin liners. My old top liners popped right out but my bottoms are a pain in the ass. The hinge started to twist with all the hammer blows so had to unbolt it. I got the drivers side out with a BFH and have the passenger side soaking in liquid wrench right now.

UPDATE:

Got tired of waiting after 10 minutes so ran it through with a 29/64 drill bit. It was so easy. In hindsight I should have just done that with the hinges still bolted on rather than trying to hammer them out with the tool.

Last edited:
I used delrin several years ago when my hinge bushings became zombified; the results were so-so. They're smoother, but they've begun to wear faster than I would like. I considered having a bronze set made to remedy the premature wear, but if you know of an off-the-shelf part option that will work, I'd like to hear about it.
I'll have to look up the part # (or find it again). I'll get something posted up this weekend.

Reactions: 04 LJ
Nope, those are plate brass. The ones I used are oil-impregnated sintered bronze. Uber tough and has lubricant "built-in".
Seriously guys, I will make time tomorrow to get up a how-to post!

Reactions: matkal
If you dont lube the bronze once in a while, they will wear out too...I had to line a set of CJ hinges because the steel on steel wore out and I had to replace the bronze bushings also, even after kroiling them.

Just ordered a set of Delrin from Quadratec as well - will report back when job is completed. Would it be smart to apply a small amount of lubricant to the inside?

I have used ones from TMR and Magnitude Engineering. I like that Magnitude's are full length.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=112277374988
I have also used their stainless steel which I have mixed reviews about so far.
Now that this has popped back up, everyone should know that not all the TJ hinges accept full length bushings. Some are shorter. That and I'm sad to see Q-tec jump into this. It won't be much longer before they are another smittybilt Chinese copy machine.

Reactions: Imapepper
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.