Did I just buy counterfeit hubs from Amazon?

Can't comment on the other parts they sell, but I purchased front strut assemblies with springs and rear shocks for my Ford F150 from Detroit Axle. I knew as soon as I received them I should sent them back but went ahead and installed them anyway. I've got about 7000 miles on them and the shocks are already leaking and it rides worst than it did with the old ones with 100000 miles on them. I'm not contacting them about the warrenty because if they sent me two free sets I wouldn't put them on. I was talking to my son in law a couple of weeks ago and he said the new brake rotors he had just put on his car were already warped. When I asked where he got them, you guessed it, Detroit Axle. No way for me.
Sounds like you bought parts on Ebay from "Dutriot Axul". Like I stated, I've been buying for years with zero problems and a 10 year warranty. I'll take my own word over yours as to their quality. Did you buy any parts from SAUVVYY too? It might be a Chinese knockoff.

Sounds like you bought parts on Ebay from "Dutriot Axul". Like I stated, I've been buying for years with zero problems and a 10 year warranty. I'll take my own word over yours as to their quality. Did you buy any parts from SAUVVYY too? It might be a Chinese knockoff.
Buy what u want. That was my experience with Detroit Axle. It will b my only one.

Believe it or not I’ve got several parts from Crown that have been made in USA. Rear Axel shafts just to name one. And OEM parts Made in China. I guess on most parts we don’t really have a choice to buy American any more.

Reactions: ChristopherJ
I'm not sure what or why you guys think of when you're buying something from Detroit axle.

They're just another parts house capitalizing on a god name. "Detroit" as on Detroit locker...as in Detroit Michigan where American cars are made..lol...

See this is how horrible freight...cough cough..Harbor Freight works.
Pittsburgh tools.
Oohhh...Pittsburgh steel.
I mean REALLY???

Central Pneumatic...
Hhmmm...I know that brand and its ggooooodddd....
LMFAO...
Those bastards are capitalizing on people thinking they're getting CHICAGO PNEUMATIC which is the actual good brand.

So many people think yeah that's it...that's a good one. Thrn when the 10 dollar die grinder shit's itself because you're running 92 psi or more of air...people think...well that brand is junk.

If I was Chicago Pneumatic I'd be suing any way possible those ass hats.

Krause and Becker...
I mean really...are people that gullible?

Reactions: Blondie70
I purchased the same timken hubs for spares 5 years ago. They are identical to what you received. Mine are still sitting on the shelf in the garage though, haven't needed them yet. I also have spicer balljoints NIB just hanging out for the day the originals decide to go out. I've heard mixed reviews on hubs over the years, use to be always go with Timken but that seems to have changed now. It seems like no one has found a solid hub brand lately for our jeeps.
We sell lots of Timken unit bearings, about 20-30 per month. The only ones that have issues are with aftermarket splines bottoming out inside the unit bearing. Easily fixed and not Timken's fault. Other than that, we have not been contacted by anyone regarding a premature failure.

Did you read exactly what they told me? Maybe more people should contact them and see what they're told about it. When someone gives me a 10 year warranty on parts I can easily install, I take them up on it IF/WHEN they fail. I've been using them for several years for all of my vehicles, not just Jeeps.
p.s. If what they told me is true, I can spray the boxes and packages with Lysol to kill the virus. My wife has already had the new vaccine. If she grows a third eye from it, I'll let you guys know.
Well, you know I'm always ready to see if someone is willing to put up or shut up. I'll swap over to the Detroit stuff instead of Timken and price it accordingly if you'll handle any and all tech calls and handling any replacement parts that need to warrantied. Deal?

We sell lots of Timken unit bearings, about 20-30 per month. The only ones that have issues are with aftermarket splines bottoming out inside the unit bearing. Easily fixed and not Timken's fault. Other than that, we have not been contacted by anyone regarding a premature failure.
Well this is good to hear!

Heres my experience with hub bearings:

64,000 miles changed both with mopar value line(oem stub shafts)
70,500 miles warrantied both with mopar value line(oem stub shafts)
73,500 miles one bearing had play, replaced both with timkens from Blaine with a brake kit(oem stub shafts)
90,000 miles one bearing had play, replaced with Raybestos(carbon offroad stub shafts)
100,000 miles remaining bearing had play, replaced with SKF(carbon stub shafts)

As far as i could tell the mopar v line looked identical to timken but who knows whats inside.

Reactions: Blondie70
Just want to say I'm really happy to read through this thread and see that it stayed focused on the manufacturing specifications and quality of the parts, and not a rant about Made in China vs Made in America.

It's often forgotten that american companies with products made in china are built exactly as intended - to maximize profits for the american company.

It's hard to keep up with what is a quality product anymore. The names you used to trust often change over the years. I'll never by another Optimum battery, for example, even though my first one lasted well into 8 years, my second one was dead in 3 once manufacturing changed.

Just want to say I'm really happy to read through this thread and see that it stayed focused on the manufacturing specifications and quality of the parts, and not a rant about Made in China vs Made in America.

It's often forgotten that american companies with products made in china are built exactly as intended - to maximize profits for the american company.

It's hard to keep up with what is a quality product anymore. The names you used to trust often change over the years. I'll never by another Optimum battery, for example, even though my first one lasted well into 8 years, my second one was dead in 3 once manufacturing changed.
Optima was never about time last...it was about durability( not longevity) in harsh conditions(namely vibrations) which by all accounts seems to be spot on like yesterday.

Today's vehicles are more sophisticated than ever with electronics. Big time. These alternators must be running in tip top shape otherwise it puts undue stress on the battery.

Why do you think the new industry standard on batteries is free complete replacement for 3 years.
No matter the brand. 3 years is it.
No more 5 year pro rated warranty.
But so is the simple, ignition, radio, lighting vehicle gone.
Now you've got infotainment systems, hundreds of sensors, pcm's, xenon, led, ambiance interior lighting, cameras, alarms, power outlets, and so on and so on.

A half assed working alternator will dust a good battery in no time.

Heres my experience with hub bearings:

64,000 miles changed both with mopar value line(oem stub shafts)
70,500 miles warrantied both with mopar value line(oem stub shafts)
73,500 miles one bearing had play, replaced both with timkens from Blaine with a brake kit(oem stub shafts)
90,000 miles one bearing had play, replaced with Raybestos(carbon offroad stub shafts)
100,000 miles remaining bearing had play, replaced with SKF(carbon stub shafts)

As far as i could tell the mopar v line looked identical to timken but who knows whats inside.
You were supposed to bolt up the Timkens with a stock stub shaft and report the results to Matt. Did you ever do that?

I beg to differ, in the strongest way imaginable. Unless you meant that they needed to stay in business. Instead of actually maximizing profits, what happened is a few shithead companies started globally sourcing product. In one example, brake rotors. The average schmoe does not give a shit about brake parts in any regard except cost. So when Autozone, Pep Boys, and the rest of the cut rate sellers started peddling cheap rotors and by cheap I mean sub 10 dollars, the mainstream brands like Raybestos, Autospecialty, Wagner etc. had a choice. They could either follow suit or, they could dramatically limit sales enough to no longer be in that market.

It wasn't about maximizing profit, it was about just staying in that business.

I beg to differ, in the strongest way imaginable. Unless you meant that they needed to stay in business. Instead of actually maximizing profits, what happened is a few shithead companies started globally sourcing product. In one example, brake rotors. The average schmoe does not give a shit about brake parts in any regard except cost. So when Autozone, Pep Boys, and the rest of the cut rate sellers started peddling cheap rotors and by cheap I mean sub 10 dollars, the mainstream brands like Raybestos, Autospecialty, Wagner etc. had a choice. They could either follow suit or, they could dramatically limit sales enough to no longer be in that market.

It wasn't about maximizing profit, it was about just staying in that business.
I can agree with that. Staying in business is a matter of keeping profits - motive is a different issue.

Thant's why I only buy Callahan Brake Pads (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114694/)

• Haha
Reactions: Tob and Blondie70