Did I make the right decision? Wheel question

Other than the weak sidewall, I don't think it's a good fit for rocky terrain (I think another thread for the OP).
I haven’t really put the sidewalls to the test, but if I was dealing with really rocky terrain I would want a M/T.

My duratracs did great. I would have gotten them again in a heartbeat if they came in a 35".

My duratracs did great. I would have gotten them again in a heartbeat if they came in a 35".
I wonder if they ever changed the construction, I was scared away from them reading about a lot of complaints of the side walls (and did the KO2s instead).

I wonder if they ever changed the construction, I was scared away from them reading about a lot of complaints of the side walls (and did the KO2s instead).
I do recall a lot of sidewall complaints, I didnt know about them when I purchased my duratracs, but they held up well. Though I wasnt doing near as hard of trails then as I am now.

Reactions: rasband
Moabs are a great looking wheel in exactly the wrong size. It is frustrating. But I sold mine without a second thought.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I do recall a lot of sidewall complaints, I didnt know about them when I purchased my duratracs, but they held up well. Though I wasnt doing near as hard of trails then as I am now.

We ran both of ours through quite a bit and never had a problem. More than most, I have to believe. The sidewalls on mine were really torn up by thy time I replaced them.

Reactions: tworley
Yes, there is a Goodyear Duratrac available in a 265 (which is 31”) and it is C load range. That’s literally the only one I’ve ever found.

The good news is that that’s a great tire.

I agree ... great tires! 👍

I bought a set of 245's (30.5") Duratracs for my XJ last month and a set for my TJ about a year ago.

I have 265's (31.6") Duratracs on my LJ. All are C rated and on MOAB wheels which I also like but I'll probably switch to 15" wheels when the time comes for new tires. I'll likely go with Duratracs then too.

Reactions: Chris