Diesel Daddy's dream TJ

Now that they’re in, I’m going to pull them back out to install some sound deadening material and a new carpet kit. I was going to use the bed rug but it only comes in grey. Not so cool with tan everything else.

IMG_3526.jpeg

As I go down the rabbit hole of turbo charging the 4.0, I keep in mind that eventually this truck will be getting a diesel engine. So all of these little upgrades that I make for that 4.0 turbo system should very smoothly transition to the diesel. With that in mind, I picked up a water to air intercooler system. HA!!

For an off-road truck moving slowly most of the time a water to air system is superior to the air to air most commonly seen in diesel and turbo applications. Why? Well, I’m glad you asked. They do not require the vehicle to be moving to cool and reduce charge air temps. Using a 12v pump to circulate water/coolant/glycol in the system keeps the charge air cool without the vehicle needing to move and force air over a surface.

IMG_3543.jpeg

IMG_3544.jpeg

IMG_3545.png

Last edited:
This small radiator will be mounted in front. With an added fan. The larger tank with the black lid I am thinking can be mounted under the hood inline in the system. This can be used to add ice and salt if I really needed it cold. It came with the stuff I bought. Not sure if I’ll use it.

None of this is anything new to diesel guys or turbo people in general. Banks did a water to air intercooler test setup for the wrangler as well, although I am not sure it went into production.

IMG_3546.jpeg