Discontinued plasma part

BIGMike

Supporting Member
I’m looking for Miller 225627 and can’t find it anywhere. I have one place to try in Australia this evening when they wake up but have been striking out. Wondering if maybe someone has a spare they would part with or a lead to a shop that might have a dusty one hanging on the rack or sitting on a shelf. This goes to the torch on my little Miller 375 xtreme plasma cutter and would come in handy. Any help is appreciated! If this is wrong spot to ask I apologize. Wasn’t quite sure if it fit here or welding. Thanks

I’m looking for Miller 225627 and can’t find it anywhere. I have one place to try in Australia this evening when they wake up but have been striking out. Wondering if maybe someone has a spare they would part with or a lead to a shop that might have a dusty one hanging on the rack or sitting on a shelf. This goes to the torch on my little Miller 375 xtreme plasma cutter and would come in handy. Any help is appreciated! If this is wrong spot to ask I apologize. Wasn’t quite sure if it fit here or welding. Thanks

I'm not even finding anything that pops up with that number - stock or not. Could you share an image, link, etc?

Reactions: Apparition
Damn it… my fault. Just like at the parts store, wrong information will get you wrong parts everytime, guaranteed!
Miller 225672

IMG_0688.png

Yes, I called Miller. Discontinued sorry was the reply I got. I guess HyperTherm used to make them, struck out there as well.

Called Norstate industrial supply in Australia last night, as it’s listed on their site, and they acted like I was crazy and told me they have no way to ship it here. I’m not sure how hard it is to ship things from there but it didn’t seem like an unreasonable request. Hell, China sends us multiple boat loads of shit everyday!

• Sad
Called Norstate industrial supply in Australia last night, as it’s listed on their site, and they acted like I was crazy and told me they have no way to ship it here. I’m not sure how hard it is to ship things from there but it didn’t seem like an unreasonable request. Hell, China sends us multiple boat loads of shit everyday!

https://weldcheap.com/shop/uncategorized/miller-spectrum-plasma-retaining-cap-ds-225672/

Two places show it in stock, I doubt either has it since both ads look the same.

Reactions: BIGMike

The dash I bought for my new build shipped from Austrailia. It's much bigger than what you need. It's not unreasonable, they just don't want to do it.

Reactions: BIGMike

We do have some Australian members here. Maybe one of them would be willing to be a shipping relay for you (you buy, ship to them, they ship to you)? Post on the Australia forum and see what happens?

The dash I bought for my new build shipped from Austrailia. It's much bigger than what you need. It's not unreasonable, they just don't want to do it.

I don't blame them for not wanting to. We just helped a gent in Spain with some free parts. Never again, for anyone, for any reason, even if it is the last existing part on the planet and I have to have it.

At one point in a phone conversation with FedEx, I told the lady they were too stupid to breathe and they could throw the parts in the trash for all I cared. Dumbasses could not figure out how to operate the basic and simple zip lock style (required) international shipping pouches with the proper and required multiple documents in them. Documents they supplied. Never again.

• Sad
Reactions: sab and Apparition

You just need to call several shops in your area and see if anyone can order it for you.

You just need to call several shops in your area and see if anyone can order it for you.

He's called around. He called Miller. Other members have searched. All lead to "the part has been discontinued and is no longer available." If Miller says it's unavailable, how would he be able to have a shop order it?

Reactions: CMBD
I don't blame them for not wanting to. We just helped a gent in Spain with some free parts. Never again, for anyone, for any reason, even if it is the last existing part on the planet and I have to have it.

At one point in a phone conversation with FedEx, I told the lady they were too stupid to breathe and they could throw the parts in the trash for all I cared. Dumbasses could not figure out how to operate the basic and simple zip lock style (required) international shipping pouches with the proper and required multiple documents in them. Documents they supplied. Never again.

That's disappointing. I followed that thread and was impressed that you took on that task for a stranger in another country. It's too bad that customer service no longer exists and is making good deeds too much work. I like good deeds - they restore my faith in mankind!