Do you need two air compressors?

You would be the single exception of the 10 or so in rigs I've wheeled with consistently over the years. There was always a spirited debate on the boards, then I'd get to give them massive amounts of crap in person on the lake bed when the hood was up over a York related issue.
I believe it but a York compressor is pretty damned simple and very rugged. When installed properly, there's not a lot to go wrong. The only problem I had showed up during its first offroad use. As you're already aware I had used standard air hose which blew from from the hot air produced by the compressor. After replacing it with Goodyear heat resistant hose it was flawless.

Reactions: kiwi
I believe it but a York compressor is pretty damned simple and very rugged. When installed properly, there's not a lot to go wrong. The only problem I had showed up during its first use. I used standard air hose which blew from from the hot air produced by the compressor. After replacing it with Goodyear heat resistant hose it was flawless.
Hoses blown, separator failed because it wasn't rated for under hood temps, relays fail, pressure switch failed, tank filled up with the goopy oil and plugged the air outlet, York failed, idler pulley seized, and more than a few thrown belts.

Reactions: pagrey
You know a few of them. Jeff Weston, Scott Hill, Erik Jordan, a couple of Yate's friends. All big York fans, all had issues around me at one time or another. All wished they hadn't.

I recognize those potential problems but they're potential problems for nearly any belt-driven compressor like the shop compressors we both own. I did drain my OBA's air tank of its oil on a regular basis which prevented it getting into the tires but heck I have to drain my big shop compressor's air tank of the same gunk. :)

Reactions: kiwi
Quick question. I’m seeing some York’s with the number P210R. What is the “R” on the end? Is this the model i want?

The R indicates the discharge port side is on the right.

2XX or 2xxR
XXCylinder Displacement
10 = 10.3 ci (169 cc)
09 = 8.69 ci (142 cc)
06 = 6.10 ci (100 cc)
YDischarge Direction
L = left
R = right

Reactions: kiwi and pc1p