Do you need two air compressors?

kiwi

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’ve looked up previous threads but couldn’t find a clear answer. I’m looking into an ARB compressor to do tires, and eventually i will run lockers. Is it best to get one compressor to do both lockers and tires? Or 2 separate compressors?

I’ve looked up previous threads but couldn’t find a clear answer. I’m looking into an ARB compressor to do tires, and eventually i will run lockers. Is it best to get one compressor to do both lockers and tires? Or 2 separate compressors?
As Jerry stated, the mini ARB is very small and using it to run only the lockers is a very sound way to go. That is our standard go to set up regardless of what method is used to fill tires. The other reason is the big compressors take up a lot of real estate and that sometimes puts them not under the hood on a complex build. That means you are running air lines and whatnot to one or both axles from an atypical location. The reliability of the bigger compressors is also not as good as the little ones.

I'd consider an engine driven compressor for tires. Then a smaller ARB compressor for lockers.

Reactions: kiwi
I run just one big compressor but I can see the other way makes sense in allot of ways. if you are getting a compressor now for tires I think you don't really need to worry about the lockers until you cross that bridge.

Reactions: kiwi and Apparition
As Jerry stated, the mini ARB is very small and using it to run only the lockers is a very sound way to go. That is our standard go to set up regardless of what method is used to fill tires. The other reason is the big compressors take up a lot of real estate and that sometimes puts them not under the hood on a complex build. That means you are running air lines and whatnot to one or both axles from an atypical location. The reliability of the bigger compressors is also not as good as the little ones.
Got it, thank u. Just wondering what is your go-to compressor for tires? Seems like 2 compressors it be way to go, now just need to find the best for to get for tires.

Are you talking the locker specific ARB mini? CKSA12?

air_activation_alpha.png.webp

Or the CKMA12?

Alpha-image_538X303-1.png.webp

Reactions: kiwi
I have the CKMA12 and it works great for both filling up tires and for my air locker
Until it’s a hot day and the ARB passes it’s duty cycle getting 35s from 8 to 26… ask me how I know.

Another for dual, so far I’ve run the rubicon lockers + ARB single can. However I’m impatient and got a York for the tires and will be moving the lockers to the ARB eventually.