Does Metalcloak make a good track bar?

Is there some dramatic price difference that stops one from just fixing it from the get go?
For some, yes. Many are not willing to pay twice the price for a Rock Jock. I'm not saying you shouldn't, just that some won't!

A high quality rod end for the frame side is 50 bucks + wholesale in quantity. Does the price reflect that?
They have been fully aware of the issue for a very long time. They have not fixed the issue and continue to send out free replacement joints rather than use a quality joint from the start. Says all I need to know about them.

Reactions: psrivats and jjvw
My JKS track bar on the frame side uses a bolt that's a smidge larger than 1/2-in, see if you can measure what sized hole is on yours, it might fit the JKS just fine.
A smidge larger than 1/2" in a fractional drill index is 33/64's. I'm pretty sure they drill out to 9/16" to use a 9/16" bolt with that stupid small tapered sleeve, correct? FYI- that sleeve does exactly zero except add cost and complexity.

My JKS track bar on the frame side uses a bolt that's a smidge larger than 1/2-in, see if you can measure what sized hole is on yours, it might fit the JKS just fine.
MOUNT ADJUSTABLE TRACKBAR TO CHASSIS BRACKET Using a 9/16” drill bit, enlarge the tapered mounting hole in the chassis rail bracket located on the driver-side of the vehicle.

Locate the Chassis End (D) of Adjustable Trackbar and insert the 9/16” x 4-1/2” Bolt (E) through the spherical bushing.

Place the Tapered Split Cone (K) over the bolt threads with the narrow end facing away from the trackbar.

Apply anti-seize lubricant to bolt threads.

Mount chassis end of Adjustable Trackbar to chassis rail bracket by inserting the 9/16” x 4-1/2” Bolt (E) upwards into enlarged hole.

Secure with 9/16” Flat Washer – only if required – () and 9/16” Ovalok Nut (M). IMPORTANT: Flat Washers are supplied for use with 1984-01 Cherokee XJ and 1993-1998 Grand Cherokee ZJ models ONLY. Do NOT use Flat Washer on Wrangler TJ models

Reactions: thekidwithquestions
They have been fully aware of the issue for a very long time. They have not fixed the issue and continue to send out free replacement joints rather than use a quality joint from the start. Says all I need to know about them.
Let's don't overlook the issue with a side facing rod end either. All the dirt, crap, gunk, water, etc. that lands on the ball gets moved into the race and wears it much faster than one with a horizontal bolt.

Reactions: jjvw and NskLJ
A smidge larger than 1/2" in a fractional drill index is 33/64's. I'm pretty sure they drill out to 9/16" to use a 9/16" bolt with that stupid small tapered sleeve, correct? FYI- that sleeve does exactly zero except add cost and complexity.
JKS is 9/16” the RE, MC and Currie were the only ones I found to be 5/8” so to replace without reworking the frame mount . These were the choices $125 vs $185 vs $425.

That is generally a poor way to make decisions of importance.
Yes, but always a consideration. It does clear every suspension component, locates the axle side to side and my suspension travel is limited by short arm and shock length. So it checked all the boxes for me. The additional funds allowed me to buy one of your HD tie rods and flip kit .

Yes, but always a consideration. It does clear every suspension component, locates the axle side to side and my suspension travel is limited by short arm and shock length. So it checked all the boxes for me. The additional funds allowed me to buy one of your HD tie rods and flip kit .
Limited by shocks maybe. Definitely not limited by the arm length.

That sounds right.
I'll have to measure my hardware tonight and see what I
JKS is 9/16” the RE, MC and Currie were the only ones I found to be 5/8” so to replace without reworking the frame mount . These were the choices $125 vs $185 vs $425.
I believe I'm at 5/8" but have to measure. I'm assuming the 185 is MC and the 425 is rock jock. What is the 125?

Contacting the diff is primarily due to the shape of that trackbar (same with the MC one). They don't kick out as early or as well as the currie one does. JKS gets close, but I still found that the Currie was where the path lead eventually. After moving to 11" shocks up front I'm glad I did.

PXL_20211228_201609982.jpg