Does this seem like a PCM / ECU issue?

Blkout

I have a 2006 Rubicon manual 165000 miles and have replaced my O2 sensors twice.....once with Denso and then NTK. I read on the forum that the O2 sensors are sensitive on the TJ. My jeep is still throwing codes on all 4 sensors. My codes are p0032, p0038, p0052, p0058 Heater circuit high. My exhaust and cats where replaced with Flow master. I see Wrangler fix is good for pcm replacement but it only comes with a 1 year warranty. Some other brands have lifetime warranty and cost less. So does this look like a PCM issue? If I need a new PCM what are your recommendations? Thanks for your input:)

@Wranglerfix can probably comment more, but the lifetime warranty hang up reminds me of the lower end parts store brand sensors. Would you rather replace it once with the right part, or every time it goes bad (which at least for the sensors sounds to be frequent).

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Agreed, I would prefer to buy once and cry once if the pcm lasts ....but electronics....questionable:) I would like to have a better warranty if I'm spending $1200 on the wrangler fix PCM. Thanks for your comment:) car computer exchange has the PCM $699....lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
Electronics (in my experience) either work for a long time or crap out rather quickly. If it goes a year with no issues then it will likely last for quite a while.

Thanks Brad. I called Andrew there today. Should arrive in only 3 days, and no core needed. I'll report back to let you know how it works once installed.

My PCM is now installed and my Jeep sounds like it's brand new! Never knew a 4.0 could run this quietly. Makes me wonder how many needless parts I replaced before finally replacing the computer. As you can tell from the picture, one of the wire harness connectors broke during installation. Couldn't find a replacement anywhere, so I called Andrew back to see if he could suggest a place. He had spares and simply sent me one in the mail that day - no charge.

PCM.jpg

Lifetime warranty on a PCM? Hahaha! Good luck on that. Most of these companies such as FS1 are widely regarded as having some of the shittiest customer service out there. Good luck on getting them to warranty your replacement PCM.

Mark (@Wranglerfix) is the epitome of good customer service 👍

Reactions: Wranglerfix