Do's and Don'ts of riding with the top down

Shelly

So this is my first time owning a wrangler. And my first time owning anything that the top can be removed from. What are things that should and shouldn't be done.

Is everything going to fly out?
I have full doors, do they have to be taken off too, when the top is down?

Might sound like a stupid question to you guys, but I'm just reassuring myself lol.

Lol. Thanks. I have kids, and they like to bring things with them on car rides like stuffed animals. And i have change and sunglasses in the dash console. If i wear a hat, is it gonna stay put lol

Lol. Thanks. I have kids, and they like to bring things with them on car rides like stuffed animals. And i have change Have to be carefwithand sunglasses in the dash console. If i wear a hat, is it gonna stay put lol
You have to be careful with the hats you will notice more wind when you meet vehicles especially big trucks. I lost a good ball cap on the interstate. :(

yes if you remove the top you must remove the doors.

And when you park... do not leave any food or chips out for the crows but nothing should fly out on its own when parked.
When entering the expressway??? say good bye to anything not glued down.

Reactions: Ron505
Uh, no, Shelly... Don't listen to billieboob. You don't have to remove the doors when the top is off.

I take the top off and go with or without doors. It's not an issue. Bob is just being weird, again.

His other advice is spot on though. Say bye to any ball caps.

That's what i was looking for. I was wondering if i should vacuum all the dirt out before driving it without the top. Don't want dirt flying in my eyes lol. Or money flying at me lol

I don't know where you live Shelly but I normally do not take the doors off since you will find below 76-78 degrees it suddenly gets cold at highway speeds and you soon find yourself cranking up the heat and rolling up the front door windows:eek:

I don't know where you live Shelly but I normally do not take the doors off since you will find below 76-78 degrees it suddenly gets cold at highway speeds and you soon find yourself cranking up the heat and rolling up the front door windows:eek:

Glad to hear I'm not the only on that has used the heater with the top off.

Yeah i live in south carolina. Hadn't planned on taking the top off unless its over 85 or 90 degrees lol

Good question, not sure about South Carolina but I would assume mirrors are required just about anywhere.

Not sure about that Chris- Wisconsin law talks about center mirror and it appears side mirrors may not be required- at least not mentioned in our class of vehicles. If I remember correctly same for Colorado? Never looked up SC but she may want to go to her state DOT website to check.

Reactions: Chris
I asked my boyfriend the same thing. Cuz when the doors come off, so do the mirrors. Where can i find this information?