Do's and Don'ts of riding with the top down

Might have already been said, but don't put anything on top of the dash you wish to keep. Friend lost a pair of sunglasses and I almost lost a phone using that little tray. Other than those "don't's" the only "do" is have fun!

Don't get plastic bags from the grocery store that may be filled with very small items. Did that once and they flew right out the back when I hit the highway, LOL.

Reactions: PStov98TJ
Congrats Stinger! Sounds like you've got a "keep-her"!
Hell yes I do!.
She hated golf when we got married. She is the one dragging me to the course. She hated motorcycles when we got married. She is the one nagging me to get the bike out. Ya just got to know how to introduce the challenge!:)

Reactions: Ron505 and Chris
I have a hardtop and full doors, also came with a soft top so I found a pair of matching half doors for summer use but I do like wheeling with no doors

Reactions: Chris
I would love a set of half doors to keep the mud and sand off my pants and on my arms and face where it belongs:D

So a bikini top is just like a soft top without the windows right? So i could just take the windows out and leave the top?

So a bikini top is just like a soft top without the windows right? So i could just take the windows out and leave the top?
Really close, only skimpier. ;) Think new age bikini vs old age bikini :p

Yes - this isn't my jeep cause it's home today but this is what it looks like with bikini top. Mine is a heavy material and keeps water out but you can buy one called a sunshade that's a thinner material and just keeps sun out. I never put my windows in unless it's raining and with upper doors and bikini top I really don't get wet. Even in light shower I've stayed dry without stopping to put the upper doors on. In Florida the sun is brutal in summer so I wouldn't drive too much without my bikini top. Yesterday took them all off but the weather was still cool. Besttop sells one for like around $50-60. Check and make sure if your model needs a windshield channel. Mine did but it was like $25
jeep.jpg

jeep.jpg

Yes - this isn't my jeep cause it's home today but this is what it looks like with bimini top. Mine is a heavy material and keeps water out but you can buy one called a sunshade that's a thinner material and just keeps sun out. I never put my windows in unless it's raining and with upper doors and bimini top I really don't get wet. Even in light shower I've stayed dry without stopping to put the upper doors on. In Florida the sun is brutal in summer so I wouldn't drive too much without my bimini top. Yesterday took them all off but the weather was still cool. Besttop sells one for like around $50-60. Check and make sure if your model needs a windshield channel. Mine did but it was like $25 View attachment 3183
How would i know if i needed a windshield channel? I have an 02 sport

Yes - this isn't my jeep cause it's home today but this is what it looks like with bikini top. Mine is a heavy material and keeps water out but you can buy one called a sunshade that's a thinner material and just keeps sun out. I never put my windows in unless it's raining and with upper doors and bikini top I really don't get wet. Even in light shower I've stayed dry without stopping to put the upper doors on. In Florida the sun is brutal in summer so I wouldn't drive too much without my bikini top. Yesterday took them all off but the weather was still cool. Besttop sells one for like around $50-60. Check and make sure if your model needs a windshield channel. Mine did but it was like $25 View attachment 3183

And mine has a sound bar

How would i know if i needed a windshield channel? I have an 02 sport

Here is the one I bought and says fits 97 - 02 and lists windshield channel required so I'd think so. With Amazon if not they take it back. The windshield channel sits across my windshield edge and the clamps screw into the same brackets where the soft top would hook. It gives a channel across the front for the top to clip into. A couple of people said it was hard to get it to stay in channel but mine worked fine. Put in the channel and have someone hold in place while you tighten the back straps and it works fine.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SA424/?tag=wranglerorg-20