DrDmoney’s 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport

So since your TJ is one of my favorites along with @Alex01but I hope you go with the MORryde. I have always been jealous of your Tire Carrier. So if I stop seeing pictures of your jeep w/o it, it will stop reminding me how much I want one. Also in your second from the last picture did you extend your A pillar and windows to get more headroom? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Finally broke down and decided to fix the damage to the back of my tub, it was damaged when a stationary object hit me while I was backing up. The damage to the tub was fairly minor but it has started stress cracking the sheet metal around the lower hinge mount. First step is plug weld all the holes.View attachment 254943

For now I plan on installing the MORryde Tailgate Reinforcement Kit, I might go back to the GR Aluminum Swing Out Carrier at some point but I’m giving this a fair shake. One thing I miss about the gate mounted spare is the ease of opening, I used to run a modified (cut down, centered, and raised) factory carrier on stock hinges for years with no damage to the gate or hinges but it was difficult to lock and unlock the latch as the spare was very close to the gate and partially covering the pull, the swing out solved this and raised the spare for better departure angle.View attachment 254948
One thing I noted right away was how heavy the MORryde was compared to the GR, I’ll have to get a weight on both.
View attachment 254951
I have also seen where others with flush mount taillights have had to deal with the tub reinforcement plate partially covering the light and or grommet requiring some modding of the plate or the grommet, I chose to cut the plate back. I used a 2” hole saw to move the inside radius’s in and cut the excess plate with a recip saw.View attachment 254942View attachment 254944View attachment 254946
View attachment 254945
Also instead of a Mid-Arm, how about a Mid-Axle🤣

View attachment 254947
Lookin great so far! Let me know if you ever deside to get rid of the MORyde.

Reactions: DrDmoney
So since your TJ is one of my favorites along with @Alex01but I hope you go with the MORryde. I have always been jealous of your Tire Carrier. So if I stop seeing pictures of your jeep w/o it, it will stop reminding me how much I want one. Also in your second from the last picture did you extend your A pillar and windows to get more headroom? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Dam fisheye effect🤓

As long as your corner armor doesn't have the hinges cut out you can dump the side bracket for a slightly cleaner look. The strength of the corners will take the additional weight. Just keep the rear supports.

Looks great. You're going to love the ease of opening the tailgate.

Also, @Midnight LJR taught me that when you reinstall the tailgate make it so it's so high that it will not close with the spare tire off. Once you add the weight of the tire it will droop a bit and give you the perfect alignment.

If I do tub armor I would likely go back to the swing out but it would involve a stretch, mid arm, outboard...😉
Oh... I could have sworn you had corners.

If you pick some up and need them color-matched, I may know a guy who made a fairly expensive $16 investment in a HF spray gun that could help paint them.

As long as your corner armor doesn't have the hinges cut out you can dump the side bracket for a slightly cleaner look. The strength of the corners will take the additional weight. Just keep the rear supports.

Also, @Midnight LJR taught me that when you reinstall the tailgate make it so it's so high that it will not close with the spare tire off. Once you add the weight of the tire it will droop a bit and give you the perfect alignment.
No armor for now, but thats good info on the tailgate.

Reactions: Wildman and Alex01

Me too... 😂

Me too... 😂
That was a fun teaching moment. Unfortunately, I had to do my solo in the garage. I utilized @DylanM345's dad's idea of a block of wood and a jack though to help since I have lower standards and fewer hands than in Moab.

Awesome work as always and I enjoy reading about your work. I've still got to figure out a tire carrier for mine when I get to that point.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Finished welding up the extra holes and the crack in the tub.
66C60995-6B0B-41BD-ACF6-3636F5BC4870.jpeg

I was going to do some body filler and sanding but I got side tracked with a light bar mount for a light my younger brother gave me.
03B7FC7E-F2C3-4A33-B0E0-E55541326543.jpeg
838BFD93-5381-4082-BB1C-DE4F18410AE1.jpeg
DE139EAE-F5D2-47A1-8156-8DF4614C7C6D.jpeg