Drones

Rick Flair

Domari Nolo
Supporting Member
So, my wife shocked me with a drone my birthday. Out of left field. She has been listening to me say how cool it would be to have shots from above.

Anyway, it’s a entry level drone and I flew it today for the first time and got some shots. Just figuring out controls and the ability so far.

Any tips? It is a RUKO brand. It shoots 4K which is pretty awesome and has GPS follow. So I will be doing short video.

Here’s a shot I took...

9B9B5B21-40C0-4DFB-97D1-10598FC67F7F.jpeg

I've toyed on and off with the idea of getting one - even to the point of putting one in my Amazon cart. Never pulled the trigger because I'm not sure how much I'd fly it or where. I insist on one with real FPV video on a dedicated screen, not a toy that uses a smartphone!

I've toyed on and off with the idea of getting one - even to the point of putting one in my Amazon cart. Never pulled the trigger because I'm not sure how much I'd fly it or where. I insist on one with real FPV video on a dedicated screen, not a toy that uses a smartphone!
My smart phone screen version that is for sale has gone 3 miles out and back with no issues via that screen. That was all before it was illegal though. Here’s a screenshot.

FAB3E6BD-D1C5-4500-9E2A-1D4F663EF2E5.jpeg

I build custom drones for people and also teach people how to fly, If you have any specific questions just let me know.

I have a bunch of drones too, from professional level fpv racing drones to huge cinematography drones to little baby toy ones!

All different shapes and sizes.
If anyone is interested in drones and wants help getting started, just let me know.

650.jpg

Alien.jpg

tiny-whoop.jpg

You now have to fly line of sight. I couldn’t see it 3 miles away.
FAA is cracking down. Used to take mine to Mexico on vacation and shot some neat stuff. New laws there too, no more drones if your not a citizen. Only takes a couple dip shits and a valuable piece of unregulated airspace that’s attractive to Amazon to regulate us out of a hobby.

My Mavic Air has sat so long the batteries are fubar. Thought of selling it but it’s not worth selling.