DylanM345 build

USPS guy scared the living crap out of me. Im eating some dinner on my couch and buzz goes the front door(i have an old buzzer doorbell) He was right on time though

T1 Core 4x4 Rear Lowers
IMG_0628.jpg

Got the core 4x4 lowers in today. Currently stuck on putting the foxs in. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know because im really struggling.
894CC00F-F2E2-4AA3-85AC-23385134EE85.jpeg
484D4569-2474-4400-8A10-6C969FA47B03.jpeg

Last edited:
What are you having trouble with?
Compressing the shock. I tried putting it in the bottom mount and compressing it. Also tried putting it in the top mount and compressing it. I jacked the gas tank up all the way to full droop too

Got the core 4x4 lowers in today. Currently stuck on putting the foxs in. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know because im reslly struggling.
When I put my Foxs in I had to have my brother help me compress them, if you haven't cut the tie they come in yet that helped get at least one side in. Front was easier than the rear for me. In the rear I had to screw in the upper mount first and then compress it to get the bottom bolt in.

Reactions: D M
When I put my Foxs in I had to have my brother help me compress them, if you haven't cut the tie they come in yet that helped get at least one side in. Front was easier than the rear for me. In the rear I had to screw in the upper mount first and then compress it to get the bottom bolt in.
I bought these used, but with zero miles on them. I dont have the tie they came with. The fronts were super easy for me too, I did that not too long ago and it wasnt that bad. These are a whole new animal

Reactions: Alex01
Compressing the shock. I tried putting it in the bottom mount and compressing it. Also tried putting it in the top mount and compressing it. I jacked the gas tank up all the way to full droop too
What's keeping the axle from going down further?

I may have put a 2x4 on a jack and used it to compress a shock once, with the uppers attached... 🤫

• Haha
Reactions: JMT and D M
What's keeping the axle from going down further?
i am not sure to be honest. I have a 2x4 on a jack under the gas tank skid and its going all the way up. My tires are off the ground

i am not sure to be honest. I have a 2x4 on a jack under the gas tank skid and its going all the way up. My tires are off the ground
Might be the sway bar end links... sounds like those may be some stiff shocks.

A ratchet strap and heavy duty zip ties may do the trick.

Reactions: tomtaylz and D M
Might be the sway bar end links... sounds like those may be some stiff shocks.

A ratchet strap and heavy duty zip ties may do the trick.
I didnt think about the swaybar links, thanks for that. If i disconnect them and it does droop farther, do I need longer links? E.g a rear antirock 🤪

Reactions: Alex01
I didnt think about the swaybar links, thanks for that. If i disconnect them and it does droop farther, do I need longer links? E.g a rear antirock 🤪
Rear AR is likely unnecessary. Rubicon express makes some extended end links for $30 or so.

If it does droop more though and you're not binding on the DS then longer links are a good idea. I can't remember how long the stock rear brake lines are but pay attention to those if you do end up dropping it further as well.

Reactions: D M