DylanM345 build

What's on tap today?
So far I just put in the smittybuilt tailgate cover. And in the near future im gonna put some noico sound deadening material along with Bedrug carpet. Its not that I dont like the bedliner, but ive been slowly becoming an audio nut and im growing not to fond of road noise
F3C97DEC-000D-40F9-88D6-9BDB5CA1B76E.jpeg

Nice! I have the same tail gate storage. Comes in handy. Have you played around with the mxt-275 yet? The NOAA weather is a neat feature. I find myself listening to it more than I thought I would.

Reactions: D M
I also got my Raised Swaybar Link and Gussets from BMB the other day, with no stickers or lip gloss:cry:, but I talked to Blaine and I'll be sending him my stock knuckle sometime soon in exchange for a pre drilled and tapered knuckle for my tie rod flip from the currectlync I scored off CL. As of now, I have two new currectlync tie rod ends (pitman arm side and drivers side) along with some Spicer 706944X Ball joints, and a smaller Firestik (2') coming in the mail next week. I should also note that I have a JKS rear trackbar and relocation bracket sitting in my garage that I bought one helluva long time ago in preparation for the TT. The last thing im waiting on is my UCF Lo-Pro mount which was supposed to be here yesterday. -Lets also not forget I finally got my FCC License!! Now I can use GMRS repeaters! -WRKU654

IMG_0684.jpg

Nice! I have the same tail gate storage. Comes in handy. Have you played around with the mxt-275 yet? The NOAA weather is a neat feature. I find myself listening to it more than I thought I would.
After I saw yours I realized how nice and handy they were because ive needed a place to put my Misc stuff for airing up/down, and my garbo swaybar links when discoed:LOL: I nearly spent all of yesterday and today familiarizing myself with the MXT-275, when I originally bought it, they didnt send me instructions, but I sent them an email and they apologized and sent me some free of charge!(I prefer paperback over E-text) So ive just been playing with it all day. I love the NOAA channels because ive actually been a bit of a weather nerd ever since I was little. Next step for me is to learn how to use repeaters

Another cool feature I liked is having a speaker in the hand set and the main unit. You can run both speakers. That is helpful when you are old, like me.

• Haha
Another cool feature I liked is having a speaker in the hand set and the main unit. You can run both speakers. That is helpful when you are old, like me.
I have it set on running both atm, since I have my main unit on the back of my ammo can, It helps project the sound throughout the entire cab.

You'll have to check the map for repeaters on the gmrs site. Many of them requires permission to get the privacy codes.

Request permission for the 700 Vaca repeater. I put in my request. That one has pretty good range..

Request permission for the 700 Vaca repeater. I put in my request. That one has pretty good range..
Just sent an application. Would I be able to reach you where you are using that repeater?

Just sent an application. Would I be able to reach you where you are using that repeater?
The range potential is there, but we'd likely have to be both on high ground to reach. I live in a fish bowl, so you should reach Tam from your location, but I may need to climb some elevation to tx. If you get permission and get the tones, you can ping out to the tower. Request a radio check.

The range potential is there, but we'd likely have to be both on high ground to reach. I live in a fish bowl, so you should reach Tam from your location, but I may need to climb some elevation to tx. If you get permission and get the tones, you can ping out to the tower. Request a radio check.
The closest to my location is the EagleNest-1, covers all of bay area, Channel 15, no tone in or out. So how would I use it then? Would I just turn the repeater function on and go to Ch15? Still very confusing to me (I did watch the vid BTW)
Edit: I need access so I just sent a request

Eaglenest-1 won't reach me, and you do need permission to access it. Tam is your best bet. Go to my gmrs , look up repeaters, then filter California. click on a repeater and it will show you its range.

They will list the frequency, but you need the tone. If we are lucky, they will have a single ctcss tone in/out. Some repeaters use dcs split tones, which makes it a bit more difficult with these radios, but still doable.

Eaglenest-1 won't reach me, and you do need permission to access it. Tam is your best bet. Go to my gmrs , look up repeaters, then filter California. click on a repeater and it will show you its range.
I might be doing it wrong but im not finding Mt tam under CA repeaters

Meant to say 700 Vaca, not Mt. Tam.

2' firestik went in today and removed the spring. Finally no more banging into eachother.
E169FED6-2EE2-489B-92E8-8DD218AD98A4.jpeg

Reactions: bobthetj03