Engine swap ideas

I’ve been reading a lot about swapping an engine and I’ve asked a lot of people about swapping an engine. Some people tell me to go all out and swap a 5.7 Hemi into my wrangler and others tell me to put a 4bt in my wrangler, even going as far as to say a kubota and I’m just wondering what you all have to say I’m open to pretty much all ideas this wrangler is my daily except for when I’m doing the swap of course so I’d ask to remember that.

I’ve got 5 grand to blow on an engine alone I’ll be attempting to do the swap myself so im not sure how much the swap itself is gonna set me back but whatever it is I reckon im just gonna have to deal with it.

5.13 gears are what you need. Much easier than an engine swap. You should have plenty of power with those gears with your 42RLE transmission.

Reactions: Rickyd
I’ve got 5 grand to blow on an engine alone I’ll be attempting to do the swap myself so im not sure how much the swap itself is gonna set me back but whatever it is I reckon im just gonna have to deal with it.

I’d expect a V8 swap to cost at least 10K, and I’d expect it to climb higher quickly.

Since you have an 03 a Dodge Magnum V-8 swap is harder than if you had a 02 or older. So for you if you want a V-8 you need a Hemi or a LS and neither of them can be done for $5K. You need to budget more like $12-15K for a engine swap.

What size tires? are you running? And you have a 42RLE? Those 4.56 gears aren't low enough for anything but 31" tires.

Reactions: PNW_LJ and BlueC
You should get a lawyer and sue that shop for recommending 4.56 gears. 😂 Just kidding of course. Unfortunately a lot of shops recommend the wrong ratio with that transmission. 4.56 is recommended for 30” tires on this forum.

Reactions: kameronkales
Then App is going to suggest an LS. ;)

zl2z87i1nvr8t21qcti879&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif