Favorite Jeep Configuration?

Ditto. Got an Alien sun shade this spring and it’s made a big difference.

During winter, top on and doors on.

Pretty much any other time I like top on and doors off. I really dislike sunburn and don't like the flapping sound of the soft top. I used to not care about the added noise from the soft top, but I tore my soft top constantly and I hated the zippers and didn't like the look with the top down all that much.

Ease of use is a major factor. Utility of stuff not flying out or something is nice with the top on too.

I have a Willy's that one day I'll get back on the road/off-road and it'll be my stripped down around town ride, but it's got a different feel than a TJ anyway and I think it's even more fun for shorter trips. I'm just tired of working on it for twice the amount of time than it spends running.

Doors off and hardtop on or off depending on the forecast in the early and late summer, off in the high summer. I don’t have a garage or a soft top, so the hardtop has to do. Now that it’s cooled off and raining off and on I’m buttoned up as needed, but roll the windows down whenever possible. By spring I will be feeling like a moth in a bell jar until it’s warmed up enough to roll windows down. That first spring day it’s warm enough to do that is always a relief.

I'm still waiting for someone to bring up something truly unusual, like half door on one side, door off on the other side, sun shade and tonneau cover on.

I'm still waiting for someone to bring up something truly unusual, like half door on one side, door off on the other side, sun shade and tonneau cover on.

LOL I have debated running with just the passenger side upper on when I take my little dogs to the vet. :D I always end up putting both on though. Think it would look funny with only one. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Equilibrium31
is this an option ????
short.jpg

Top down, but I still usually like doors on. It's fun to take them off every once in a while, but I like having the window for the arm rest.

I've seen you post some fairly reasonable stuff and some other stuff I just can't understand (both mainly in the Politics forum) but this is so far out there I don't know what to say. 😜

I've only had my whole top off twice since I've owned my Jeep but the doors are off whenever possible and the rest of the windows don't stay on much longer. For example the doors came off yesterday morning at a sunny 58 degrees and the windows are coming off tomorrow morning which should be a sunny 60 degrees. FWIW sunny and mid to high 70s both days and at least until Monday. Woo Hoo!

Reactions: Equilibrium31
My youth it was all off. No longer in my youth, but now have a sun shade. Better than a bikini. And my current dog has NO fear so I have to keep her full door on, window 1/2 down. My door off. Hopefully puppers will calm down soon (she's 3) and can go both doors off, sun shade and some "hair band" music cranked up.