Flood damage

Sorry to hear about HRNT. You can always buy it back from the insurance company and try to fix it. Or move on to something bigger and better. The beauty is that you have options. Nothing is set in stone. Post what your budget is and I'll see what I can find out west for you (I live in the SF Bay Area of California). I'm always happy to spend other people's money for a TJ.

Reactions: StG58
I have been eyeing this Rubicon for a little while now. I had no idea that this flood may give me the oppurtunity to buy it. Maybe @Chris & @billiebob are on to something, this might just be a blessing in diguise.

http://www.galenachryslerdodgejeep....Wrangler-8542e36e0a0e0ae83e10314884a1f1d6.htm

Wow, that looks like a solid buy. I can't see the frame entirely, but from what I can see, it looks clean.

That's a damn good price as well, especially given the mods it already has. I'd definitely be checking that one out as a potential replacement!

Reactions: Travis
Sorry to hear about HRNT. You can always buy it back from the insurance company and try to fix it. Or move on to something bigger and better. The beauty is that you have options. Nothing is set in stone. Post what your budget is and I'll see what I can find out west for you (I live in the SF Bay Area of California). I'm always happy to spend other people's money for a TJ.

I don't have a whole lot of money saved at this point in time, so I will probably use the insurance money as down payment and whatever is left I'll have to get a loan for. I'd imagine 13k-15k would be the upper limit to spend. I'd love some help looking, as I'm still weighing my options here.

Last edited:
Reactions: StG58
Wow, that looks like a solid buy. I can't see the frame entirely, but from what I can see, it looks clean.

That's a damn good price as well, especially given the mods it already has. I'd definitely be checking that one out as a potential replacement!

I thought that price was great too! And it looks to be in great shape. I'm going to look at it on Saturday. What size lift do you think that Rubicon has? I am thinking 3" or 4".

I thought that price was great too! And it looks to be in great shape. I'm going to look at it on Saturday. What size lift do you think that Rubicon has? I am thinking 3" or 4".

That's a 4" lift for sure!

If it looks clean and mostly rust free, buy it. That's a really good price IMHO!

Reactions: Travis
That's a 4" lift for sure!

If it looks clean and mostly rust free, buy it. That's a really good price IMHO!
Seeing some rust in a couple of those photos...worth a closer look for sure at that price:

54523c0d5d7f8daa74c35566b71c230cx.jpg

Sorry for you loss HRNT RIP but like you said it could be a blessing in disguise .Think of it as an unplanned upgrade...Good luck in finding HRNT2..

Thanks @Kiwi TJ, is it strange that I couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking Jeep? I literally laid there for 3 hours before I finally went to sleep.

Some of my buddies are saying I should buy HRNT back and use the rest of the money to get everything fixed. I'd love a new Jeep, dont get me wrong, but I like my Jeep, alot. And, the fact that I'll most likely have a monthly payment, which I haven't had in 15 years. I'm debating with myself on what to do.

Since I am offically on the market, something like this, at this price, is right up my alley..;)

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/178411185

Last edited:
I meant to add, I think that '04 Rubicon I posted first, is honestly too much Jeep for me. It's way over my pay grade.

Thanks @Kiwi TJ, is it strange that I couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking Jeep? I literally laid there for 3 hours before I finally went to sleep.

Some of my buddies are saying I should buy HRNT back and use the rest of the money to get everything fixed. I'd love a new Jeep, dont get me wrong, but I like my Jeep, alot. And, the fact that I'll most likely have a monthly payment, which I haven't had in 15 years. I'm debating with myself on what to do.

Since I am offically on the market, something like this, at this price, is right up my alley..;)

That's is a nice clean Rubi @Travis and the last year of the TJ's, its the sort of thing I'd buy for sure...great as a Daily Driver as it stands and the shoes its wearing are not too big to effect handling on the highways and not too small for the offroad stuff either.
And yes I get the mind working overtime on 'Jeep' too I was the same when I bought mine...at the end of the day it has to feel right for you and nobody else.( I hate debt as well and try to avoid it as much as I can )

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Definitely a decent price if it is rust-free.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ

So...I see a couple dealer tricks done to this one. Still worth looking at, but its been painted in areas on the frame. There is one particular picture of the trackbar, where it looks nice a shiny under the fender, but its the standard flat black up front. You can see where they stopped spraying on the bend. Good Tires, M800 which, looks well kept too, so its Def worth looking at, but get a good eye on it, check the frame VERY carefully for rust. Anywhere the paint isn't nice and smooth, be suspicious.