Flood damage

Definitely with how clean it is sombody wanted it for sure. You saved your Jeep in a nick of time. Again, congratulations on rescuing her back! I believe the general consensus is you did the right thing and most cost effective one as well.

Sounds like most of this stuff is minor fixes. I think you likely did the right thing. A clean, rust-free TJ is expensive, no doubt about it.

I'll bet those auction guys are pissed. They would have bought your Jeep for next to nothing and made a killing off the parts.

Reactions: StG58
Sounds like most of this stuff is minor fixes. I think you likely did the right thing. A clean, rust-free TJ is expensive, no doubt about it.

I'll bet those auction guys are pissed. They would have bought your Jeep for next to nothing and made a killing off the parts.
Or just sold it outright. Even TJ's with salvage titles go for a lot of cash in the right regions. TJ's have to be pretty thoroughly trashed to not be worth rebuilding.

Good choice on rescuing HRNT, @Travis.

Reactions: Travis
That's true! I wonder what the auction company was getting it for? Probably $500!

Man, that sucks. I hate that feeling of helplessness when you KNOW you're getting screwed and there isn't anything you can really do about it. Hopefully, the different between the buy-back and the insured value will be enough to get her right again.

I agree with @JP98 on the hinge...looks like that top one is cracked. Hard to tell in the pics if the door is sprung at all, but thankfully doors are pretty easy to find. There are about 3 sets right now on my local Craigslist. I'd start with a hinge and go from there.
When you say the door is "sprung", what does that mean exactly?

An update on the situation, the salvage company told me to eat shit, they ain't paying for the hinge/door & if I want money for it I can take them to court. The insurance company says, yes they will pay. So I'm in limbo. I've decided to replace the hinges myself, at this point I don't care, I just want it fixed.

HRNT goes to the shop on Monday. Front and rear main seals, front brakes, plugs and wires, flush and replace all fluids, rotate tires, replace windshield hinges & install H&R springs, Rancho shocks.

Thanks for all the support guys. It is much appreciated! I'm excited for a new Jeep later next week

Those SOB's at the salvage yard gave me the oppurtunity to run doorless all week, so they can kiss my white ass.
20170826_090430.jpg

An update on the situation, the salvage company told me to eat shit, they ain't paying for the hinge/door & if I want money for it I can take them to court. The insurance company says, yes they will pay. So I'm in limbo. I've decided to replace the hinges myself, at this point I don't care, I just want it fixed.

HRNT goes to the shop on Monday. Front and rear main seals, front brakes, plugs and wires, flush and replace all fluids, rotate tires, replace windshield hinges & install H&R springs, Rancho shocks.

Thanks for all the support guys. It is much appreciated! I'm excited for a new Jeep later next week

Those SOB's at the salvage yard gave me the oppurtunity to run doorless all week, so they can kiss my white ass.
View attachment 21079

Sounds like small claims court may be in order. How shady that they would damage the Jeep and then be so recalcitrant about paying to fix it. It's so hard to find quality businesses to work with these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 21079
Running doorless all week is awesome...(great way to see the glass half full) and of course being able to enjoy the 'new' HRNT next week is priceless.

Just dropped the ol' HRNT off at the shop. I talked to the guy doing the work on it for awhile, he said he owns a TJ and a CJ, he sai he uses the Jeep's more than his Polaris 4 wheelers when he's out in the sticks. I got a very good vibe from him, he acted like a stand up guy & his shop was nice and tidy, definitely a plus. I have a feeling he will treat the Jeep with respect, which I'm thrilled about. He will be installing the shocks and springs and the windshield hinges when they get delivered.

I have about 1 thousand extra from what I have been saving, any advice on what I should do with it? I really can't think of anything cosmetic other than tube steps, I would rather do something of "use" with the money. Maybe a hard top or suspension? I'm open to suggestions.

Sounds like small claims court may be in order. How shady that they would damage the Jeep and then be so recalcitrant about paying to fix it. It's so hard to find quality businesses to work with these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so true. People don't care about people anymore. I'ts all about the money and that's unfortunate.

Just dropped the ol' HRNT off at the shop. I talked to the guy doing the work on it for awhile, he said he owns a TJ and a CJ, he sai he uses the Jeep's more than his Polaris 4 wheelers when he's out in the sticks. I got a very good vibe from him, he acted like a stand up guy & his shop was nice and tidy, definitely a plus. I have a feeling he will treat the Jeep with respect, which I'm thrilled about. He will be installing the shocks and springs and the windshield hinges when they get delivered.

I have about 1 thousand extra from what I have been saving, any advice on what I should do with it? I really can't think of anything cosmetic other than tube steps, I would rather do something of "use" with the money. Maybe a hard top or suspension? I'm open to suggestions.

It would help us if you filled out your profile page with what your jeep currently has and doesn't have.

Sounds like the perfect mechanic...People who own a couple Jeeps obviously like them and would probably take a bit more care while changing it up.(and of course know some of the TJ's tricks to making some upgrades fit)...and if he does do a great job, save his number haha